Citizenship ceremony on Australia Day

HappyHeart

Just received invites to our citizenship ceremony which is to be held outdoors on Australia Day. Kicks off at 7 am with a bbq brekkie...don't think they realise I'm not an early riser...daughters reaction.."7am...are you serious...do we have to go for the brekkie..thats a waste of my Australia Day"..thats the spirit girl:confused:.

It will coincidentally be the 5th anniversary of moving here too....so much has changed since we moved, some good, some bad, can't believe its been 5 years...there'll be some on here who will remember giving me advice as we planned the move!...think I might have to wear my waterproof mascara:cry: What a shame our family leave on the 22nd!

Congratulations! Just out of interest, did you apply online and how easy was that process? And how long did it take from application to ceremony? We're applying at the earliest possible opportunity on 3rd Jan next year and would love to know how long we might have to wait. All the best!

Thanks Saintgirl..and welcome to the forum:)

We applied in May I think, online forms a bit of a pain, then sat test in June. A 6 month wait for ceremony for our popular council but not a problem for us, we anticipated it might be Australia Day, a quieter one might have been good but this big one will feel very special no doubt. Just found out a work friends husband has his same day and place so that will be good

Archived