Citizenship

SAMBO85

Hey guys

How is every body doing , hope all gr8 and ready for

Bump up for Christmas.

Would b great if any one can advise the best answer to , is it compulsory for one to inform immi for the change of add means the one add given

At the time of applying citizen is dif from the time of add given at when applied pr.

Is citizen department is diffe from pr ? Are they are a kind if different department of processing applicant?

Hope to have the right advise.

Thanks in advance

Sambo

Mmmm. I don't understand some of the question. But, immigration regarding visas are a different, but related department of citizenship. They are two depts of the same overall bigger dept. Hence why they are normally in the same office.

If you become a citizen you do not need to inform them as your visa is automatically canceled.

Thanks for te reply but my question s?

Is it mandotory for a person with a pr visa to inform of add changes.

When he apply citizenship he has moved to different address but havent informed the add change to immi so does he has provid add change to info before applying citizen...

Does it gona harm his citizenship appl if hasn't informed

Change of add but he has put the new one on citizen app and immi got

Old one from Pr application

Hope it's clear nw and u or some one can advise what to do.

Thanks

Sambo

I appreciate for the answers you are giving but once

Again what I am asking here is

The guy has different add on Citizen appl , which is not the same add when he had the permanent visa...

He changes in te period between but didn't informe immi, now when

He applied citizenship with his new

Add mentioned on the application but before

He hasn't informed of

Change of his address.

So is it Gona harm in anyway that the add different from when he had pr visa till currently appl citizen with new

Add on appli.

Thanks

I appreciate for the answers you are giving but once

Again what I am asking here is

The guy has different add on Citizen appl , which is not the same add when he had the permanent visa...

He changes in te period between but didn't informe immi, now when

He applied citizenship with his new

Add mentioned on the application but before

He hasn't informed of

Change of his address.

So is it Gona harm in anyway that the add different from when he had pr visa till currently appl citizen with new

Add on appli.

Thanks

Perhaps try explaining yourself more clearly. I must admit I was rather baffled by this "change of add" you kept referring to. If you will keep cutting off the last four letters of a word at random then you may struggle to make yourself understood. Address. Not "Add" I have never heard anyone refer to their address as their add before...

Thanks for the info cal....

And rupert sorry for not writing full words as It's obvious to read short word " change of add on application" means change of address on application instead of some one thinking change of

Advertisement on application ;)

Sorry & thx

Sambo

No i dont think you need to inform Immi of change of address when on a PR visa. Plenty of family's move around when in rentals, then go on to buy their own house so it shouldn't affect your citizenship application, it certainly didnt with ours.

Cal x

I think I kinda understand what you are trying to point out. My answer would be if you got PR already, it is not necessary to inform them. Even the address you gave when you applied PR is different from when you are about to apply citizenship. You only need to inform the department in case you change address during the process of your citizenship application as the wait time for the whole process of citizenship is quite long from test appointment to ceremony. Some people do change their address and it's important to inform the change so your name for the ceremony will be on the appropriate council. My guess is maybe you are worried because you have certain conditions in your grant letter of PR visa to inform the department of change of circumstance inc address ( Rsms or state sponsorship) in that case, I would say no as well. I got Rsms visa and when I applied my citizenship, I just use my new address which is different from the one In my pr application and I didn't inform the department before or do anything. Now I got my citizenship approval already and waiting for the ceremony. So don't worry. It's not gonna harm you application if you don't do anything wrong or breaks the rules.

Thx for the aNswe bro.

;)

Can I ask u something , how long does it took you to get your citizenship approval.

If you can break up the process? , an also if possible which council was yours.

Thx again

Sambo

QUOTE=goto;1936378213]I think I kinda understand what you are trying to point out. My answer would be if you got PR already, it is not necessary to inform them. Even the address you gave when you applied PR is different from when you are about to apply citizenship. You only need to inform the department in case you change address during the process of your citizenship application as the wait time for the whole process of citizenship is quite long from test appointment to ceremony. Some people do change their address and it's important to inform the change so your name for the ceremony will be on the appropriate council. My guess is maybe you are worried because you have certain conditions in your grant letter of PR visa to inform the department of change of circumstance inc address ( Rsms or state sponsorship) in that case, I would say no as well. I got Rsms visa and when I applied my citizenship, I just use my new address which is different from the one In my pr application and I didn't inform the department before or do anything. Now I got my citizenship approval already and waiting for the ceremony. So don't worry. It's not gonna harm you application if you don't do anything wrong or breaks the rules.

3 months from start to finish. Apply late September, got test appointment almost three weeks later. Do the test and get approved the next following day. Approval letter sent one week later and called the department and they informed me my next ceremony is 18 Dec.

Cheers

Archived