Moving to Sydney in January

Guest Guest92917

Guest Guest92917

Hi my boyfriend and I are moving to Sydney in January. I am teaching and he is looking for a job.we are 26/28 from Bristol and looking for people to go for a beer with!!

Let me know if you fancy it!

Freya x

Hi Freya,

Congrats on the move, you will love it here! My husband and I moved here just over a year ago but are always keen to meet new people. We are both 27, we live in Pyrmont and work in the city. It would be great to grab a beer sometime when you arrive.

We have family visiting over Christmas (so excited!) so will be fairly busy up until January anyway. Have a great Christmas and give me a shout when you arrive in January and we can arrange something.

If you have any questions or need advice in the meantime, feel free to PM me :-)

Michelle

Guest Guest92917

Hi there

Thanks so much for getting back to us! We will definitely take you up on the offer of a beer!

Ah that sounds great about your family visiting-mine are already booking flights and we haven't even left yet!

Have a lovely Christmas and we will message you when we arrive!!

Thanks

Freya xxx

• 1 month later...
Guest Guest92917

Hey all

I got here a few days ago-living in double bay. A group of us are meeting for drinks in the local tap house on the 17th at 7 if you would like to come?xx

• 2 weeks later...
Hi my boyfriend and I are moving to Sydney in January. I am teaching and he is looking for a job.we are 26/28 from Bristol and looking for people to go for a beer with!!

Let me know if you fancy it!

Freya x

Hi Freya, I've just come across your thread and seen that you moved to Sydney to teach. First of all, I hope your move went well! Very envious :) I too am a teacher (6 years, in London) and hoping to move to Sydney for work. If you don't mind my asking, how did you get work out there as a teacher? Are you from a different part of Oz originally or an expat? I'm looking for any bit of advice that can be given that might help my wife and I move out there! I've got more info about our story here: http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/203202-primary-school-teacher-6-years-looking-sponsorship-teach-nsw.html

Thanks!

JP

Hi my boyfriend and I are moving to Sydney in January.

Welcome to Sydney! I'm going the opposite way (oldie retiring back to the UK, not because I don't enjoy Australia but for financial reasons). We're thinking of Bristol, as I'm a real city girl so I want to be in a big centre but can't afford London.

Can I pick your brain on good suburbs? We're paying $2,000 a month rental in Sydney, hoping to get a 2-bed apartment or small house in Bristol cheaper than that. I lived there nearly 40 years ago but I'm sure it's completely changed since then!

Guest Guest92917

Hey

Bristol is much cheaper! If you want posh then Redland or Clifton are places to go.if you want nice but not as posh then southville or victoria park are great.its a great place to live-I love it there!xx

Guest Guest92917

Hi there

I was very lucky-I was teaching in the uk for 5 years and my friend moved to oz.he got a job and then they were looking for a science teacher and he recommended me. I applied and had a few Skype interviews and that was it. If you are looking for jobs I recommend smart teachers as the best place to find things!

I appreciate that probably doesn't help-as always it's who you know not what you know in my case

Thanks

Freya

Hi there

I was very lucky-I was teaching in the uk for 5 years and my friend moved to oz.he got a job and then they were looking for a science teacher and he recommended me. I applied and had a few Skype interviews and that was it. If you are looking for jobs I recommend smart teachers as the best place to find things!

I appreciate that probably doesn't help-as always it's who you know not what you know in my case

Thanks

Freya

You were very lucky, indeed! Good on ya, really hope you're enjoying it so far! If they're looking for a teacher who's been teaching 6 years in the UK with Kindergarten through Year 9 qualifications to teach all subjects, drop me a message! :biggrin:

Guest Guest92917

Hey there I don't know where balmain is! But we will be meeting up in February and it will be posted on here so come along!..

Hi All, there seem to be so many posts not sure what one's most popular! I moved to Sydney (city) 8 months ago and although I'm loving it, missing the girlie nights out and need to start making an effort to make more friends! I'm from Cardiff and moved here with the BF; we are both 31yrs. We are hoping to relocate to Bondi soon. I'm on FB - Cari Rees. x

Archived