Relocating to Perth - Advice Required, Rental, School. Whom should I contact

PJF

Hi everyone,

I will be scheduled to move to Perth sometime next year in June.

Require your guidance regarding apt rental and school, commuting to school and back should be convenient.

Whom should I contact regarding apartment rental. Which is the best school for girls and what is a good area to settle in.

Thanks in advance

If you can afford it the Western Suburbs are considered the 'best' places to live and have most of the 'top' private schools - most have a religious bias, although will take pupils of other denominations.

As VS said a lot depends on budget - you'd need to be spending at least $1.5m to get a foothold.

If you give us a bit more to go on people will be able to help you more, though to be honest there is no substitute for spending the first couple of weeks simply travelling around and looking at different suburbs within your price range - everyone's tastes are different.

In an ideal world - best schools for girls - Methodist Ladies College, Presbyterian Ladies College, St Hilda's All in the Western suburbs, massive waiting lists and over $20,000 a year. The we have St Mary's in Karrinyup, Perth College Mt Lawley also huge waiting lists. Iona, Santa Maria and Mercedes - all girl Catholic - slightly cheaper. Family home in the Western suburbs will be $1000 a week if not more. Think this is all of the single sex schools, don't think there are any in cheaper areas. All perform well in terms of exam results but it comes at a price!

• 1 month later...

Shenton is a great state school. As previously said depends where you are working and what you like. We stayed in Hilary's for 12 weeks when we arrived it was lovely but not for us. We now live in North Fremantle and love it . We do not have kids , I am a high school teacher and we have decided we want to live in a more established area. We found the Northern suburbs too much like little Britain however due to cost I can understand why people live there. For us we moved to Australia for a different life and to embrace a different culture , we are lucky to have British and Australian friends. We love the life and opportunities that Australia has given us in such a short time. Good luck .

Archived