'Last' Christmas

rickandange

Well it's not even December yet, and the bloody emotional blackmail and the debate about where we're going to eat our 'Last' (as my mother has called it) Christmas dinner? She seems to be forgetting that we haven't spent the last two Christmases together anyway because they've moved to bloody France!!! Why does it have to be the last anyway? We're going to be living with Rick's mum for 3 weeks over Christmas whilst they're back anyway, so does she expect us to leave her on her own, or me and Rick to eat apart? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! Is this the beginning of things to come now the visa has been granted???? Double grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! :arghh:

We're having our "last" Xmas here this year and stopped all that by inviting my Dad and his OH along with my OH's parents to ours for Xmas day. We have also asked them to come next year but they can buy their own bloody flights :laugh:

We "owed" the in-laws as they were supposed to come to us for the last 2 years and we went to Oz for Xmas for both of them :cool:

Bacon sandwiches at Hilary's on Xmas day morning is deffo the future for our clan!

We're having our "last" Xmas here this year and stopped all that by inviting my Dad and his OH along with my OH's parents to ours for Xmas day. We have also asked them to come next year but they can buy their own bloody flights :laugh:

We "owed" the in-laws as they were supposed to come to us for the last 2 years and we went to Oz for Xmas for both of them :cool:

Bacon sandwiches at Hilary's on Xmas day morning is deffo the future for our clan!

Well I tried that option; to appease her with an invite for a Christmas 2014 barbie on me, but she knew what I was up to, ha ha! She's got us by the balls though because since we sold our house last month we've been living in their gaff whilst they're away. I've emailed her back after her phone call, and told her that we can manage two dinners so not to worry, or failing that all 5 of us could go out for a meal! Shall see what her next maneuver is hey! :biggrin:

Well it's not even December yet, and the bloody emotional blackmail and the debate about where we're going to eat our 'Last' (as my mother has called it) Christmas dinner? She seems to be forgetting that we haven't spent the last two Christmases together anyway because they've moved to bloody France!!! Why does it have to be the last anyway? We're going to be living with Rick's mum for 3 weeks over Christmas whilst they're back anyway, so does she expect us to leave her on her own, or me and Rick to eat apart? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! Is this the beginning of things to come now the visa has been granted???? Double grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! :arghh:

Yes :biggrin:

You can expect a lot more than that.

Horace, do you think that they will be put off coming here seeing what they are faced with in the future? :wink:

Somerville?

Or Australia in General?

OH's oldies here in 7 weeks and one day.

Having your PIL living with you for three months a year could put off the most avid immigratees!

Somerville?

Or Australia in General?

OH's oldies here in 7 weeks and one day.

Having your PIL living with you for three months a year could put off the most avid immigrates!

Well, with 3 of us from PIO living in Somerville, these folk might just think that it is the "In" place to be, so perhaps we should change our location to somewhere like Frankston, or Stratford.

If you expect sympathy from me regarding your PIL coming for 3 months, do not waste you time. I can however give you some advice on how to put them off staying, or even coming in the first place. If I was a nice guy that is, which I am not. :biggrin:

Well, for years we have lived a whole 18 miles from my parents and my siblings. Up until DD was about 3 we always went to my parents for Xmas. I'm the youngest, big sis is 16 years older and bro is slap vang in the middle. Sis always kind of insisted we were at mum and dads by 10 a.m but as DD got older we decided to make it later then stayed home completely. We invited all of them to us but dad always HAD to go to the Ex-service mans club at lunch, just like virtually every other day of the year so nobody came. In-laws have been a few times though. We lost dad in Feb 2013, before we'd made the decision to apply for our visa.

Now we have our visa mum has decreed that this year she wants a 'family' Xmas, and sis said we can have at her place, before any other option was discussed. She has the smallest place of any of us, ours probably has more room there will be 13 of us, and we have the youngest kids so I once again offered ours as a venue but this fell on deaf ears. This was all in July when we had our visas and planned to go next year.

Now we've decided to let DD do her GCSE's and go in 2016 Xmas isn't being pushed any more. I felt it was emotional blackmail but surprise surprise as usual we were expected to go out of our way. For a change I dug my heels in and said you can come to us coz that's where we want to be this Xmas and if it means that much to everyone else then they can come here.

It's now a way into November and as far as I know we're at home and nobody is joining us. I don't know if the decision to delay our move has lessened the urgency but I feel that it doesn't mean that much if everyone else can't make a one-off break from 'tradition' to make the 'massive' journey to us.

In short, do what makes you happy, if anyone really cares then they'll understand.

Well, with 3 of us from PIO living in Somerville, these folk might just think that it is the "In" place to be, so perhaps we should change our location to somewhere like Frankston, or Stratford.

If you expect sympathy from me regarding your PIL coming for 3 months, do not waste you time. I can however give you some advice on how to put them off staying, or even coming in the first place. If I was a nice guy that is, which I am not. :biggrin:

If they didn't come over the oh would want to visit them for a month or so each year,

so this is the lesser of two evils really

If they didn't come over the oh would want to visit them for a month or so each year,

so this is the lesser of two evils really

Even if she took the ankle biters with her? Come on Horace, you can always go back to making your dish of whatever that used to last you a week or so. You will not starve, and as a back up, there is a good choice of takeaways up the road now. :biggrin:

Even if she took the ankle biters with her? Come on Horace, you can always go back to making your dish of whatever that used to last you a week or so. You will not starve, and as a back up, there is a good choice of takeaways up the road now. :biggrin:

I would miss them too much.

I couldn't be a bachelor for more than a few days anymore.

I had to remind my mum tonight we were not dying after 25 Dec 2013...therefore it is not our "last christmas" (wham)...lalalala

My bloody Mother-in-Law has practically harangued us into staying until after Christmas so she can see us for a bit longer, and now she's chosen to have elective surgery (with a 3 days hospital stay) over Christmas! So, we're left with the dilemma of do I go to my nanna's for Christmas and abandon my wife's Uncle (who lives on his own), or do I ignore my nanna in order to ensure that he isn't alone on Christmas Day!?

Effing nightmare!

My bloody Mother-in-Law has practically harangued us into staying until after Christmas so she can see us for a bit longer, and now she's chosen to have elective surgery (with a 3 days hospital stay) over Christmas! So, we're left with the dilemma of do I go to my nanna's for Christmas and abandon my wife's Uncle (who lives on his own), or do I ignore my nanna in order to ensure that he isn't alone on Christmas Day!?

Effing nightmare!

Glad to know it's not just bloody us!!!!

Archived