Foxtel - Anyone had any good deals from them??

Alant

Hello, I'm going to organise my subscription to Foxtel (I'm going to go for the Platinum package) but before I do this I was wondering if anyone had gotten any good deals from them recently??

If you did, can you let me know so I can go 'armed' to Foxtel and try and get the best deal possible (I'm Scottish so every penny is a prisoner :biglaugh:)

Steer clear. My mother in law just got into a dispute with them; they told her at the shopping centre stall that she would have free installation and 3 months free...then they came and installed and demanded the installation fee, and wouldn't honor the deal! She's trying to get her money back and has told them to get stuffed.

Foxtel do deals all the time.

You should have no problem getting free installation on a 12 month contract.

But you will be paying about $130 per month so it is an expensive indulgence.

Personally I think the product is good, but expensive. It comes down to whether you can afford that sort of outlay.

You should be able to get a decent deal if you look for their promotions.

We got free installation (I think, was a while ago now) and managed to knock them down on the cost of a HD box.

We've never had any price hikes in the couple of years we've had it, have sports and all the channels, HD and the + facility - two boxes all for $130 a month. I don't think that's too bad when compared to the free to air crap they have on.

we signed up about 6 months ago, then found it's not sky.... its half the channels for twice the price.

so after the 6 months i phoned up to bin it and they gave me another 3 months for half price.

the dates on the calendar.. in 3 months, its again more free stuff or come pick up your box.

tbh, it's not even worth that much to me, unless you are a bit of a sport fan, its pretty dire.

We've just signed up to the basic package with foxtel, purely so we can record the small amount of decent tv there is! And so that we can upgrade to some of the familiar channels in the future. They were offering no contract or lock in but instead we agreed to sign up for a 6 month period with free installation and hd box instead. This included a foxtel contractor coming round to fit a satellite as we can no cable connection and set up the box and connect it to the internet for on demand tv.

We got it when we moved here so a little while back now. We didn't get the platinum package, but there were no set up costs, it was just monthly fees. It is OK, we have sport and I like the Entertainment section and I also like the news / documentary section. We probably watch about 10 -15 channels overall.

Guest guest92098

We love Foxtel and have seen some amazing programmes direct from the USA we didn't get this in the UK with Virgin.

A guy who worked at Foxtel told my husband once your contract is up phone up and say you want to cancel they'll then offer you 6 months half price and just keep doing that!!!

We are currently on a half price deal. Good luck.

Cheers guys - I got the platinum package free for 1 month (HD too) and managed to get a free IQ box. It means I only have to pay the $75 installation and I've saved myself $202 in the process! I worked for Sky in the UK before I left so its killing me to pay for it (we got full TV package, unlimited Internet & call package free as staff members) but needs must I suppose!!

Archived