Does anyone know how to find out sold house prices?

gtdave

House-hunting in Perth at the moment and I'd really like to find out what houses are actually selling for. Does anyone know where I can obtain this info. I know RP data sell reports on but I suspect they might be a bit generic and only really list average prices etc.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Type in the address of the house your looking at in google, a list of web sites will pop up and click ' onthehouse ' . It will show you when it's been listed up for sale and how much for, also all the times it sold and for how much. I find this the best site. Iv found this very useful finding how long the house has been up for, so maybe putting a lower starting price offer if it's been up for 6 months or so.

Type in the address of the house your looking at in google, a list of web sites will pop up and click ' onthehouse ' . It will show you when it's been listed up for sale and how much for, also all the times it sold and for how much. I find this the best site. Iv found this very useful finding how long the house has been up for, so maybe putting a lower starting price offer if it's been up for 6 months or so.

I think onthehouse is woefully out of touch with the market. Even when reliable sales data is available it often doesn't seem to filter through to their estimates (guesstimates).

I have found information on past sales on this site - but the information was from sales in previous years. I'm not sure how quickly they update information about recent sales:

http://www.allhomes.com.au/ah/other/property-research/property-and-past-sales-information/search

Very good for Canberra...not sure about everywhere else that they've expanded to cover.

They have transaction dates up to 24/10, so about 3 weeks ago?

Through the Research tab.

We have used realestate.com.au for finding prices that houses have sold for recently. When you click on a house and look at the details, at the bottom of the page are details of houses in the area which have sold recently, and the prices that they went for. You can pay for a more thorough report but as many of the houses can still be seen by clicking on the link, it is quite easy to get an idea of whether or not the house you are interested in is accurately priced.

Archived