Krav Maga

Guest The Pom Queen

Guest The Pom Queen

Has anyone heard of it or attends classes? My eldest son wants to join a class (he is a black belt at karate) but the you tube video he showed me looks very much hands on and violent. For members who know him they will tell you he is a very quiet, well mannered young man and I don't know much about this. It seems full on compared to karate.

Both my sons did it for a while and enjoyed it. It started in Israel, I believe, so isn't an asian martial art.

No idea if it's perceived to be violent or not - it didn't change them into fighting machines (and they're still the quiet and well-mannered people they were before they did it. :wink:)

Guy who owns the building where I 'work' puts on lessons next door. Capital Krav Maga. Now I know why all these good looking sorts wander past our door during the day................

Its a form of self defence which the israel army use. its world know and covers every form of self defence from being attacked with bottles guns knife car jacking kidnapp muggings. pretty handing and keeps your wits about you. Its not violent its about handleing situations

Both my sons did it for a while and enjoyed it. It started in Israel, I believe, so isn't an asian martial art.

No idea if it's perceived to be violent or not - it didn't change them into fighting machines (and they're still the quiet and well-mannered people they were before they did it. :wink:)

Invented by a Hungarian Jew in the now Slovak Republic during 2nd world war who later moved to Israel and run training for the army and to special forces.

The main aim in Krav Maga is to get your attacker immobilised by any means often using brute force. That's krav maga in a nutshell :)

Archived