Joeybee

this thread has won me over anyway as I`ve fell out with my local Chinese takeaway which was very good ,so tonight Mathew I maybe having a drive down to Sun Hing Chinese Jull St Armadale as recommended on here.............

Let me know if they do crispy duck.. Looked everywhere and never seen it on the menu

I work for Armadale health service and have since I arrived - live in Leeming which is a very easy 25 min drive - if you don't drive then it's a difficult place to get to. The shopping is great and the shire are always putting things on. The train line is one of the worst for crime though.

Living there - Armadale is a mixed bag to be honest (i'm a community nurse), you have some less desirable parts, yet some of the surrounding areas are beautiful and quite affluent. New Suburbs like Harrisdale for example - come under the city of Armadale but are about 10 mins outside the centre.

Ali is right , we have free outdoor movie nights , they put on entertainment on selected ovals and give freebies out stubbie holders hats and kiddie gear but its gets the community together and the children love it , take a couple of cool beers ,sit and chill while the children pet animals ect ..............

Ali is right , we have free outdoor movie nights , they put on entertainment on selected ovals and give freebies out stubbie holders hats and kiddie gear but its gets the community together and the children love it , take a couple of cool beers ,sit and chill while the children pet animals ect ..............

have u moved nick ?

mrs keily

People in Perth seem to have long memories and suburbs reputations last much longer than warranted, we lived in Hamilton Hill and the same applied there. So yes Armadale has a bad reputation....known as Armafail to some, I have a good friend who grew up there and I think 20+ years ago it was bad.

I'm not sure where I saw this but have just googled to give you a giggle

http://www.smh.com.au/comment/im-an-armafail-girl--and-proud-20130213-2eckb.html

People in Perth seem to have long memories and suburbs reputations last much longer than warranted, we lived in Hamilton Hill and the same applied there. So yes Armadale has a bad reputation....known as Armafail to some, I have a good friend who grew up there and I think 20+ years ago it was bad.

I'm not sure where I saw this but have just googled to give you a giggle

http://www.smh.com.au/comment/im-an-armafail-girl--and-proud-20130213-2eckb.html

no giggle here at all.....where abouts in Scotland did you escape from , lets make a joke about your home town , not nice is it .....

no giggle here at all.....where abouts in Scotland did you escape from , lets make a joke about your home town , not nice is it .....

My home town is Middlesbrough - laugh away :)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1204127/Middlesbrough-really-worst-place-live.html

You can see why I say Armadale's reputation isn't warranted...it's all relative. Still at least Smoggies have a sense of humour!

My home town is Middlesbrough - laugh away :)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1204127/Middlesbrough-really-worst-place-live.html

You can see why I say Armadale's reputation isn't warranted...it's all relative. Still at least Smoggies have a sense of humour!

if you were offered a piece of land in Armadale to the size you have now , you would feel like a queen .....

That's exactly what my mate in Roleystone said. He's from Birmingham and thought Armadale was a holiday camp by comparison!

You can't really compare. Appearances can be deceptive.There isn't the street life found in Birmingham. Try walking around late at night, getting the train etc. Different yes holiday camp only for those not in the know.

I do agree some parts are nice though.

Not sure about the crispy duck but awesome Chinese, nearest thing to an English Chinese that we've found, if that makes sense, best chips!

sorry chaps I did not get there but we have all been invited out for a chinese this Sunday I will request there ......so your saying curry and chips will be fine ? love Chinese curry too ............

Archived