Fiji for a holiday in January......

millers

Hi there

I am after some advice.....I am looking at going somewhere nice in Jan for my special birthday ( cough cough) and would like to go somewhere nice and beachy maybe on an island. We live in Queensland and not sure to fly to Fiji or somewhere just as nice or stay and see a bit more of Australia........not sure about tropical weather in some places in Jan though........anyone have any advice I would appreciate it.

LoL. Not just us then, we were going to go to Singapore but are now fancying Fiji or Vanuatu... I will also be interested to hear from anyone who has vistied either especially if they had kids (10 and 15)...

Cal x

Hi Cal

I have also been looking at Vanuatu also !!! can't decide as you hear good stories and bad!!!!! lol....ps- I see your from Bury ? we are from Prestwich!!!! small world

Not sure what type of budget you have but I liked Likuliku Lagoon resort in Fiji. We stayed in an over the water bungalow and while not as good as Bora Bora in Tahiti it was still really nice.

http://www.likulikulagoon.com/home.cfm

If you want something cheap and cheerful Plantation Island Resort might be OK. We stayed there in a beach front cabin for a few days because my OH wanted to dive near there. It wasn't really my cup of tea but its cheap and seemed to be good for families on a budget.

http://plantationisland.com/

Edited to say - we usually go to pacific destinations in October so I can't comment on Jan climate there

If you could go to Fiji or Vanuatu any time ,what would you say the best month is for hot weather and little or no rain..

Millers, We both worked in Prestwich for years,lol,, if i hear a familiar accent whilst on my hols i will know we booked the same place,lol

Cal x

If you could go to Fiji or Vanuatu any time ,what would you say the best month is for hot weather and little or no rain..

Millers, We both worked in Prestwich for years,lol,, if i hear a familiar accent whilst on my hols i will know we booked the same place,lol

Cal x

April/May and October/November are the best months for Fiji. Water temps. are pleasant without the chill you get from June to September. The same applies to the air temps. pleasant, quite warm but with cooler nights.

November through to March is humid and can be very hot, it is the wet season so rain is to be expected. It can of course rain at any time of the year and does. (Extract from Fiji Weather)

Cheers, Bobj.

Bula vinaka from Fiji, I'm from Fiji but I won't be bias with my advise...I would suggest 2 places that are very beautiful and beachy and that would be the Mamanuca group of islands and the 2nd would be the Yasawa group of islands...beautiful places I would say as for the weather..Jan is the cyclone season here in Fiji thats what the weather man says but the weather man can never be 100% true. I would say the weather changes every year in Fiji.

• 1 month later...

Archived