Baking Christmas cakes!

Wellers and Whitehead

As you may, or may not know, I came back to the UK from Sydney about two months ago! I haven't baked in the two years we were in oz, didn't help my OH expanding waist line ha, so over the last few days I've cooked some lovely meals for friends etc, but made four Christmas cakes today! Tasted one and even if I do say so, it's bloody good! I'm going to give them out for presents as I came back with hardly any money, few hundred quid, so I need to make a few more other next few weeks! Happy days x

Did someone mention

CRIMBO!!!!!:arghh::arghh::policeman:

Glad you're enjoying baking etc again tho,good for you:wink:

#The Scouse Grinch:xmas21:#

Ha..brilliant! I haven't done this much cooking and baking in years...stew and dumplings ( jeez those dumplings were good), lasagne, cooked raw beetroot mixed with balsamic vinegar and touch of sugar, my own basil and cashew paste with chicken and pasta, Christmas cakes, jelly and fruit for my uncle and children coming to morrow..so cooking for eight of us...not sure what ill cook for dinner yet?? On top of the world, loving life in the UK so far! The weather is better than I remember it, no jacket required today!

Christmas will be a bit quiet with my OH still in Sydney! X

Ha..brilliant! I haven't done this much cooking and baking in years...stew and dumplings ( jeez those dumplings were good), lasagne, cooked raw beetroot mixed with balsamic vinegar and touch of sugar, my own basil and cashew paste with chicken and pasta, Christmas cakes, jelly and fruit for my uncle and children coming to morrow..so cooking for eight of us...not sure what ill cook for dinner yet?? On top of the world, loving life in the UK so far! The weather is better than I remember it, no jacket required today!

Christmas will be a bit quiet with my OH still in Sydney! X

Yes,him being out there isnt ideal,i can imagine,but i'm sure he'll be happy that you're happy again back here,that will console him at least.

Fwiw,im glad you're happy again too,i've read your posts in the past,happiness is where you're content isn't it to a large extent,good luck for the future,wherever that may be W

I bought one of those Christmas cake kits last December, they come in a sealed bag with everything you need except eggs i think. It's still in the cupboard in its bag lol. Wonder if it will be ok to use this year. I don't bake much lol

I bought one of those Christmas cake kits last December, they come in a sealed bag with everything you need except eggs i think. It's still in the cupboard in its bag lol. Wonder if it will be ok to use this year. I don't bake much lol

That's what I have used every year, apart from in oz, but I'm making on mass this year ha...aim is about twenty so I think it's cheaper to buy all the ingredients and do it that way!? But yeh, it will be fine...get some brandy in it too ha

Can I have the recipe please? I have never baked my own Christmas Cake and I would really like to this year, as it is the first year we have actually been in our own home as a family, and I'd like to celebrate it with a lovely Christmas Cake!

I've got one. Coles has started selling Heston's Hidden Orange Christmas Puddings (From Waitrose) and they are delicious! We've had them in the UK at Christmas for the last couple of years so I was delighted when I found Coles stocking them! It was the last thing I expected to find over here!

Did someone mention

CRIMBO!!!!!:arghh::arghh::policeman:

Glad you're enjoying baking etc again tho,good for you:wink:

#The Scouse Grinch:xmas21:#

this made me laugh , love crimbo , !

Archived