pot on other forum WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TODAY TO GET YOURSELF TO OZ

bryng67

We just got removal companies in to quote on cubic metres and then contacted Letton Percival as we knew they were good from people on this site and much cheaper than removalists insurance costs. He was superb. The removalists packed and did contents of each box and parcel which we forwarded to Letton Percival when goods were leaving.

• 2 weeks later...

Our British passports arrived today after a fair bit of panic over whether they would arrive in time for our original departure date of 19th Nov. We moved the flights out to 5th Dec just in case a few days ago but change them again to 20th November today. Wooo!! Not long to go at all. Better keep on with packing.

Already here but today politely declined a high school offer for my son - it did feel a bit sad actually. There was no thoughts of us leaving when we went to the open day and we would have been thrilled with the offer otherwise - mind you glad to not have to pay the $3000 registration fee without knowing whether he'd get a place in his first choice of high school!.

Well, I'm already here so I don't count but yesterday I joined the WI! Been on my bucket list of "things to do when I live in England"

Look forward to seeing you in this years calendar ;)

Removalist came yesterday and took our stuff away. Today we fly back to the old country. If I wasn't so concerned about how I am going to entertain a 5 year old, 2 year old and 7 month old twins I'd be excited. Actually, I think I'm feeling every emotion all at once! :biggrin::confused::cry::wub::eek:

Our stuff gets packed on Thursday and uplifted on Friday, good luck with your journey back to the UK....i am sure the path you are taking is the right one. Our decision to go back certainly wasn't taken lightly. Big decision to come out here and an even bigger and braver decision to return.

Please keep us all posted.

regards

Gary.

Removalist came yesterday and took our stuff away. Today we fly back to the old country. If I wasn't so concerned about how I am going to entertain a 5 year old, 2 year old and 7 month old twins I'd be excited. Actually, I think I'm feeling every emotion all at once! :biggrin::confused::cry::wub::eek:

Good Luck Alexia have a speedy journey home :)

Removals came last Thursday and Friday container sails tomorrow, sorted out and got our bond from our rental back in the city yesterday, stopping with some very good friends ATM and we are very grateful that we have made lifelong friends in Oz, fly next Sunday. Family back home are very excited and it cannot come quick enough.

Be glad when it's all over and the Old Happy UK Gary is back, not this depressed individual I have become whilst in Oz.

Removals came last Thursday and Friday container sails tomorrow, sorted out and got our bond from our rental back in the city yesterday, stopping with some very good friends ATM and we are very grateful that we have made lifelong friends in Oz, fly next Sunday. Family back home are very excited and it cannot come quick enough.

Be glad when it's all over and the Old Happy UK Gary is back, not this depressed individual I have become whilst in Oz.

Woo hoo, only 5 more get ups!

Its getting a tad chilly though now (we put our winter duvet on last night and positively sweltered!) so you might want to nip down to M&S for some thermals once you arrive!

Oh I missed you - welcome home!!!!

let my UK journey begin....thank you for all the support, posts, advice and PM's. Im back in blighty and happy.

Feel so jealous of you right now, have a lovely Christmas an I wish you the very best for the future, keep us informed of how it goes for you :)

Archived