pot on other forum WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TODAY TO GET YOURSELF TO OZ

bryng67

Feeling a bit emotional/sad today, a friend is moving back home in March and I will miss her and her family terribly. Seems that when you feel down on your luck it is harder to cope with these things? Need to buck myself up! Been reading the sticky thread about saving extra to fund the move home, makes me feel hopeful we can do it!

Feeling a bit emotional/sad today, a friend is moving back home in March and I will miss her and her family terribly. Seems that when you feel down on your luck it is harder to cope with these things? Need to buck myself up! Been reading the sticky thread about saving extra to fund the move home, makes me feel hopeful we can do it!

Sure you can do it! Just start putting out feelers for something to move forwards to and it will all fall into place - probably when you least expect it!

Oh geez we would really like to move back to Europe at some point in time but we know it's not going to happen soon as the economy up there is so bad right now. Unless we both lose our jobs down here which would suck also. Well, indeed, I'm out of my current job by April so that's really not going to be fun.

We are constantly telling ourselves we have to stay because we are saving good money down here which will come in handy once we are leaving OZ. We are still on a 457 and the insecurities related to this visa and the often shitty Aussie mentality (please excuse my French) are really giving me heart palpitations lately (no kidding, I already had to get a Holter monitor appointment to check that out).

Anyway, good luck and fumbs up for all of you guys!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest TheSally

We filled out our British passport applications today. Ours expired 10 years ago so we need to reapply like it's a first one. We're a tad early (One year and 7 days to go) but wanted to do something that pointed us in that direction. I wanted it to feel real!

Archived