I know which would get my vote!!

srg73

I'm not a fan of Tony Abbott to put it mildly, but it does him credit that he does volunteer work.

Having said that, I think he shouldn't really do volunteering, especially firefighting, while he's PM - he is paid to run the Government now. There's also the issue of how many people have to protect him, and at what cost while he was doing this - though I accept it seems he was doing low risk duties.

He can't do right for doing wrong according to you lot. I doubt he would have had any minders when he was back burning at night. Like you they would have been tucked up in bed. You make me at a lose for words and believe me that is no mean feat!

Well done what? Having a photo op beside those that really deserve a pat on the back? No doubt Cameron would be in a similar photo if the New Forest was on fire.....

He's been a volunteer since 2001.

There was no statement from his office till all the photos came out, he just jumped in and did 14 hours ..

Well done what? Having a photo op beside those that really deserve a pat on the back? No doubt Cameron would be in a similar photo if the New Forest was on fire.....

You're truly are unbelievable, the man has been a volunteer firie for 13 years! He deserves plenty of credit for that. Maybe you should think of doing something useful instead of insulting someone who is.

He's been a volunteer since 2001.

There was no statement from his office till all the photos came out, he just jumped in and did 14 hours ..

Some of the photos that "came out" have been proven to have been taken back in January, and people actually living in the area have pointed out a different story of what he did there...but hey, if it said it in the Murdoch papers it must be true, mustn't it! No mention of the fact that at the same time as he was turning other people's misery to his own political ends, he was cutting the benefits that those suffering are able to claim to help them through this awful time. Wonder how much he'll claim for travelling out to the area for his photo opportunity, and wonder how many security and ASIO people he had to have along?

temp1.jpg

Your choice, you can believe what you're told in the papers happened, or you can believe an independent source....I know which i'd prefer!

temp1.jpg

Look, he's PM now.

I know a lot of you don't like it, but tough.

You'll get to have your say again in a few years.

He's still a fundamentalist racist Barsteward. Some things never change

Oh dear...So much for a democratic society; whinging within the first couple of months.

Does it matter when the photo was taken?? What matters is that the Libs deliver on their promises.

Give it at least 12 months before you blow your stacks, hey?:wink:.

Cheers, Bobj.

Some of the photos that "came out" have been proven to have been taken back in January, and people actually living in the area have pointed out a different story of what he did there...but hey, if it said it in the Murdoch papers it must be true, mustn't it! No mention of the fact that at the same time as he was turning other people's misery to his own political ends, he was cutting the benefits that those suffering are able to claim to help them through this awful time. Wonder how much he'll claim for travelling out to the area for his photo opportunity, and wonder how many security and ASIO people he had to have along?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21382[/ATTACH]

Your choice, you can believe what you're told in the papers happened, or you can believe an independent source....I know which i'd prefer!

I suppose the the Captain of the Davidson brigade is lying too! I suppose the person quoted was up all night helping - I don't think so.

How cynical! There are journalists all over the Mountains and the man has been a volunteer for 13 years. How long have you been a firie? Get off the guy's back!

It was a staged (and stage managed) photo op for the press. Support Tony if you want but be totally sceptical any time you see any politician in a hi vis jacket.

If he really cared about the fires he would be restoring the emergency payments for everyone instead of grandstanding and getting in the way of the real heroes trying to do their jobs.

It was a staged (and stage managed) photo op for the press. Support Tony if you want but be totally sceptical any time you see any politician in a hi vis jacket.

If he really cared about the fires he would be restoring the emergency payments for everyone instead of grandstanding and getting in the way of the real heroes trying to do their jobs.

Publicity is always good, Bobbsy:laugh:

Cheers, Bobj.

Oh dear...So much for a democratic society; whinging within the first couple of months.

Does it matter when the photo was taken?? What matters is that the Libs deliver on their promises.

Give it at least 12 months before you blow your stacks, hey?:wink:.

Cheers, Bobj.

If the LNP keep their promises, the country will be the worse for it.

And it does matter when photos were taken if they are proven to be a lie. If a politician lies about the small stuff, imagine what they'll do on the big stuff (like global warming, the NBN, destroying the Great Barrier Reef for his friend Gina...and expenses fraud).

If the LNP keep their promises, the country will be the worse for it.

And it does matter when photos were taken if they are proven to be a lie. If a politician lies about the small stuff, imagine what they'll do on the big stuff (like global warming, the NBN, destroying the Great Barrier Reef for his friend Gina...and expenses fraud).

Ahh, you mean lying as per Julia? And how many staged photos have there been throughout all the political campaigns since the advent of photography?

Give the LNP some time to get going, even the press gives a '100 days honeymoon' to newly incumbent parties.

Cheers, Bobj.

Well, I have to say that Tony has my full support. So far he has done what he said he would do. He has also been a committed volunteer on all those long days and nights when he was not in power. Which is more than many on this forum can say, I would suspect. Is he perfect? I think not. But I will give him some leeway to make his case for strengthening Australia. No, I did not vote for him, but the preferences went to his party.

Archived