Beaches SOR ???

gypsy10

Hi there,

We've been led to believe that the coastline SOR is not as appealing as NOR. Is it true that it is very industrial in places and not as pleasing to the eye in some places?

We wanted to know if there are any parts that are non-industrial that anyone could recommend to us?

We do not want to rule the south out as we are concentrating on the north at the mo, but a nice coastline not too far away from home is one of our priorities.

Any recommendations, thoughts, opinions would be much appreciated?s

Cheers

I would say to a point this statement is true if you are looking at the coastline from the city down to Rockingham, from Rockingham south to Mandurah then no, so depends how far SOR you are looking.

It would be a bit superficial to rule out a certain area for that reason though IMO if you liked the area in general. Take Coogee beach for example, a beach that I think is a very good beach if you have young kids as the sea never seems to get big waves in the way some of the Northern surfing beaches do. I believe they also have two different types of shark nets in place this year. Which is an added bonus!!

I love the beaches round Perth and think that I have at least once now done every beach from Yanchep in the north to Mandurah in the south and would say there are different beaches for different things ie child friendly, dog friendly, good for catching waves, good for facilities with bars and restaurants on the doorstep etc etc.

Sometimes you may only have a couple of hours to spare so stay with your local beach, but its good to head out for the day and check out the other beaches, which there is so many so in a way it doesn't really matter where you are based, because a good beach is always just round the corner...

Would like to add the most scenic beaches I've seen havent been NOR or SOR but over in Rottnest.

I think people are thinking of Kwinana when the talk SOR. We had a drive down there when we were looking for a place to settle when we first came. We didn't have any preconceived ideas as we had never been before and didn't know Perth and surrounds at all. We came out in 92 and took the old road down the coast. As soon as we saw Kwinana it put us off living down there. We got to Rockingham and even though we quite liked it just the feeling that the smoke and effluent from the industry would be more likely to drift South was enough to put us off.

We've been further South since and been to Secret Harbour and further South where it was really nice.

We settled North though and have been very happy with our choice.

I would say to a point this statement is true if you are looking at the coastline from the city down to Rockingham, from Rockingham south to Mandurah then no, so depends how far SOR you are looking.

It would be a bit superficial to rule out a certain area for that reason though IMO if you liked the area in general. Take Coogee beach for example, a beach that I think is a very good beach if you have young kids as the sea never seems to get big waves in the way some of the Northern surfing beaches do. I believe they also have two different types of shark nets in place this year. Which is an added bonus!!

I love the beaches round Perth and think that I have at least once now done every beach from Yanchep in the north to Mandurah in the south and would say there are different beaches for different things ie child friendly, dog friendly, good for catching waves, good for facilities with bars and restaurants on the doorstep etc etc.

Sometimes you may only have a couple of hours to spare so stay with your local beach, but its good to head out for the day and check out the other beaches, which there is so many so in a way it doesn't really matter where you are based, because a good beach is always just round the corner...

Would like to add the most scenic beaches I've seen havent been NOR or SOR but over in Rottnest.

A fantastic and genuine post Fifi .......couldn't have put it better myself .........

Archived