Negative outcome vetasses, my options?

Kezzles

Hi,

Interesting that I found you on this thread!! I too just received a negative assessment...utterly gutted.

However, theyre saying my qualification is not at a high enough level but I am certain it is. When i gathered all my info before begining this process I checked my quals would be good enough.

I think theyre just trying to sort the men from the boys...gather more evidence...put more time and money into it and dont give up. Theyll be so sick of me by the time ive finished they will pass me just to get rid!!

I aced my IELTS tho...not that it means bugger all now :(

good luck with the appeal. We're in the same boat. Again.

Hi Sarah didn't realise it was you! See my post above!

Hey guys

ive just looked at another occupation and I can interpret majority of tasks to things I do in HR. project managing advising senior managers variations of contract Providing support services etc.. It only requires an AQF diploma is it worth a shot? Vetasses said my degree is equivalent to AQF advanced diploma (wrong its higher but as we know it's their rules)

Hey guys

ive just looked at another occupation and I can interpret majority of tasks to things I do in HR. project managing advising senior managers variations of contract Providing support services etc.. It only requires an AQF diploma is it worth a shot? Vetasses said my degree is equivalent to AQF advanced diploma (wrong its higher but as we know it's their rules)

I would seriously talk over your case with an agent. There are risks in some of the plans you have recently posted

• 2 weeks later...
I suspect that too. It's annoying ESP as my qualification is deemed higher plus it's exoerience that counts at the end of the day not what qualifications you have! But if that's the rule then I'm stuffed!

Hi

Sorry to hear about your negative result but don't give up... I had problems with my medical but was finally granted visa on 24th September 2013. As you will be aware CIPD and AHRI have just agreed to forge links therefore apparently making it easier for skills to be recognised so maybe you could speak with both institutes.

Do you have a MIRA agent or are you submitting yourself.

I to applied for a visa under HR Advisor as I saw this as an easier option than that of the HR manager, I have nearly 8 years experience, mcipd but have a BSC hons in Business & Management and the vetassess came back as positive. They did however state that they did not recognise the CIPD qualification and that my degree was not related to HR but stated that I had relevant experience that went with a not related BSC....... Strange!!! I did ring to query this as I thought it would affect my points when progressing but they just said not to worry as I had a positive assessment.

when did you complete your CIPD qualification and are you still within the time frame to complete MSC.... I know this is a drag but it may be an option.

If I can offer any help or support drop me a mail

Dawn x

Good luck

Hi

Sorry to hear about your negative result but don't give up... I had problems with my medical but was finally granted visa on 24th September 2013. As you will be aware CIPD and AHRI have just agreed to forge links therefore apparently making it easier for skills to be recognised so maybe you could speak with both institutes.

Do you have a MIRA agent or are you submitting yourself.

I to applied for a visa under HR Advisor as I saw this as an easier option than that of the HR manager, I have nearly 8 years experience, mcipd but have a BSC hons in Business & Management and the vetassess came back as positive. They did however state that they did not recognise the CIPD qualification and that my degree was not related to HR but stated that I had relevant experience that went with a not related BSC....... Strange!!! I did ring to query this as I thought it would affect my points when progressing but they just said not to worry as I had a positive assessment.

when did you complete your CIPD qualification and are you still within the time frame to complete MSC.... I know this is a drag but it may be an option.

If I can offer any help or support drop me a mail

Dawn x

Good luck

Hi Dawn

ill PM you thanks!

• 1 year later...

Hi Kezzles

I appear to be in the same position as you were last year so I'm hoping the fact you are now out there shall give me hope into finding a way around it! I am an HR Manager with a postgraduate diploma in HRM, but no undergrad (I was allowed entry based on my experience), and I have 5 years experience as an HR Advisor although for the past 6 months I have been a Manager. I did my Vetassess application based on HR Manager seeing as I needed 12 months experience.

I am booked in for my IELTS test in a few weeks so we had been hoping the Vetassess application would be processed around January but the more we read on here the more concernd I am that they'll fail my skills assessment!

Any advice you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Gemma

Hi Kezzles

I appear to be in the same position as you were last year so I'm hoping the fact you are now out there shall give me hope into finding a way around it! I am an HR Manager with a postgraduate diploma in HRM, but no undergrad (I was allowed entry based on my experience), and I have 5 years experience as an HR Advisor although for the past 6 months I have been a Manager. I did my Vetassess application based on HR Manager seeing as I needed 12 months experience.

I am booked in for my IELTS test in a few weeks so we had been hoping the Vetassess application would be processed around January but the more we read on here the more concernd I am that they'll fail my skills assessment!

Any advice you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Gemma

Hi gemma

i am in oz but through my partners 457 and now have great hr job in Melbourne . I was told without a degree which could be in any subject (with my experience snd post grad) they would not pass my skills assessment. Unless they've changed rules I suspect you will sadly fail. Sorry!!! Try and find another route?

• 2 months later...

Archived