Help- last minute visa worry!! Am I included?!?!?

LouDYorkie

Hi

I'd really appreciate some advice!!

We should be travelling to Brisbane early November after a few months of delays. We knew the 457 visa was granted in July/August but have only just been sent a copy due to the employer delaying things for operational reasons.

Anyway- now that we have seen the 457 visa grant, my husbands name is on there as the main applicant but I am not mentioned at all on the grant document.

Is that normal? Surely I should be listed as a secondary (spouse) applicant? Unfortunately I've never seen one of these forms before for comparison.....any ideas???

:arghh:

Thanks

Lou

When I've had other visas granted there have been TWO email. One for me, and one addressed to me but listing my husband.

Ask them if there was another email. Also, there is a thing called VEVO where you can check your visa status. I've never used it, so not sure what you need.

Good luck.

When I've had other visas granted there have been TWO email. One for me, and one addressed to me but listing my husband.

Ask them if there was another email. Also, there is a thing called VEVO where you can check your visa status. I've never used it, so not sure what you need.

Good luck.

thanks Blossom79! On reading your post I realised that using the visa information we had available i could probably check online.....phew, mini crisis averted! Seems I am included online at least!

Thanks!!

ill get back to my packing and throwing away session now!

:rolleyes:

Hi, when we were approved our 457 visa last year my husband received an email confirmation listing him as the main applicant and below listed myself and children. At the same time he also received 3 other emails for myself and my children confirming our visas, which we printed off and brought copies out for jobs, school admissions etc. ?

thanks Blossom79! On reading your post I realised that using the visa information we had available i could probably check online.....phew, mini crisis averted! Seems I am included online at least!

Thanks!!

Do not rely on VEVO to be e correct.

Thanks!!

It is normal for all the applicants to be named in the grant letter. VEVO is definitely not always correct, my OH is not in there but definitely has a visa. Still would think an omission would be more likely than an incorrect inclusion..

I would reply to the case officer that sent the grant letter asking why you are not on it.

It is normal for all the applicants to be named in the grant letter. VEVO is definitely not always correct, my OH is not in there but definitely has a visa. Still would think an omission would be more likely than an incorrect inclusion..

I would reply to the case officer that sent the grant letter asking why you are not on it.

Hello Rupert.

With 457 visa grants the norm is for each individual to receive their own separate grant advices via separate emails.

Best regards.

Congrats Lou hope all works out for you! Still awaiting my secondary 457 grant on my 4th week now hoping this week is the week!

Thanks, but oh my word Sarahsara-they are really stringing it out :( You WILL get it soon though. Good luck for this week! :)

Archived