Luggage

BritChickx

This might be a silly question...but i need the peace of mind still.. We booked a flight to cairns with singapore airlines. Stopping at singapore and brisbane. Obviously the flight from brisbane to cairns will be from an aus plane and not a singapore airlines plane. Will they still transport our luggage to the aus plane that's going to cairns? We only have a 2 hour stop over in brisbane so not enough time to collect luggage and check in again. The brisbane to cairns flight has an SQ flight number the same as the other 2. Like i said probably a silly question just wanna make sure our luggage isn't left at Brisbane lol.

Think you will find that you will have to clear immigration then collect your bags and clear customs and quarantine. As Brisbane is your entry point into Aus and then your next flight will be a domestic one.

this is from virgins website

Arriving from an International Port into Brisbane with a Domestic Connection

You are required to collect your bags from the carousel and clear Customs and Quarantine. After entering the Arrivals Hall, turn right and walk to the far wall to the Domestic Transfer Desk. If you are booked on formal Codeshare flights (one ticket for the entire journey) check in for your domestic flight at a Virgin Australia check-in counter. Here you will receive a bus pass, to use to transfer to the Domestic Terminal. Upon arriving at the Domestic Terminal, make your way to your departure gate.

Guests who have booked a connecting flight on a separate booking will need to catch the T Bus or the Airtrain to the Domestic Terminal. After collecting your bags and clearing Customs and Quarantine, enter the Arrivals Hall and walk directly out the front of the Arrivals Terminal to the T Bus, or follow the signs to the Airtrain. Upon arriving at the Domestic Terminal, check in for your domestic flight.

I can't remember the details but it's possible to check your bags in for the whole trip, even though they are with different airlines (I did this with BA and Qantas). Or you can request that you pick your bags up at Singapore (for example) if you were staying over in a hotel or wanted to have a shower & freshen up. But just talk to the check-in person, they will be able to explain it all.

This might be a silly question...but i need the peace of mind still.. We booked a flight to cairns with singapore airlines. Stopping at singapore and brisbane. Obviously the flight from brisbane to cairns will be from an aus plane and not a singapore airlines plane. Will they still transport our luggage to the aus plane that's going to cairns? We only have a 2 hour stop over in brisbane so not enough time to collect luggage and check in again. The brisbane to cairns flight has an SQ flight number the same as the other 2. Like i said probably a silly question just wanna make sure our luggage isn't left at Brisbane lol.

Think you will find that you will have to clear immigration then collect your bags and clear customs and quarantine. As Brisbane is your entry point into Aus and then your next flight will be a domestic one.

this is from virgins website

Arriving from an International Port into Brisbane with a Domestic Connection

You are required to collect your bags from the carousel and clear Customs and Quarantine. After entering the Arrivals Hall, turn right and walk to the far wall to the Domestic Transfer Desk. If you are booked on formal Codeshare flights (one ticket for the entire journey) check in for your domestic flight at a Virgin Australia check-in counter. Here you will receive a bus pass, to use to transfer to the Domestic Terminal. Upon arriving at the Domestic Terminal, make your way to your departure gate.

Guests who have booked a connecting flight on a separate booking will need to catch the T Bus or the Airtrain to the Domestic Terminal. After collecting your bags and clearing Customs and Quarantine, enter the Arrivals Hall and walk directly out the front of the Arrivals Terminal to the T Bus, or follow the signs to the Airtrain. Upon arriving at the Domestic Terminal, check in for your domestic flight.

I think Wakeboard is right here as in one episode of Nothing to Declare, the passenger missed his connecting flight that was domestic as he had to go through Immigration and Customs as Brisbane was the port of entry and as soon as you enter, you have to go through, regardless of where you may eventually end up. Just remember to fill in your incoming passenger card correctly as the passenger on the episode didn't declare food and there was organic material (a couple of packets of biscuits) in his suitcase that showed up on the x-ray and because he didn't declare, they checked all his luggage, leading to him being delayed.

I agree with peach and wakeboard after my experience after landing in LA and then going onto Vegas...we had to collect our baggage but we just had a baggage drop as we were in the same terminal....we only realised this when we were landing and the stewards were advising us...our ticket was booked from Sydney to Vegas but it didn't matter that it was all on the same booking.

I think I'm missing something. How come VS you have to collect your baggage and check in again if you're flying X-Joburg-Perth? Is this always the case? When I went Budapest-Zurich-Joburg I just checked in at Budapest and collected my bags in Joburg. Same on a Europe-USA route (stopover in Frankfurt.).

Archived