Proud to be nearly Australian!

Phoenix16

My wonderful daughter was 2 when we arrived, she's a week short of 6 and I went to her assembly this week where she blasted out the Aussie national anthem, her school patriotic song (made me cry buckets) and all in all was awesome. We're a success story, it's worked for us and we are counting down the days until we can be citizens!! For my little girl, she's lived more of her life in OZ than UK, she's a very talented swimmer and as a pre primary swims with the year 6's, she's been spotted as one to watch, we pinch ourselves and say UK/OZ if she makes the grade and we laugh and say OZ, that's where she was nurtured, taught and believed in!! She's 5 but already for us it's OZ all the way!!!

Your post brought back memories Jess of my son and daughter (7 & 11 when we arrived) starting school here and teaching me the national anthem. I was tearful to when I went to my first assembly and listened to the children sing the national anthem and then end the assembly with the school song ... then there was the Anzac day assembly ... lots of tissues on that one, especially when they get a soldier to speak to the assembly.

My son celebrates his 14th birthday next week - he's enjoying saying that he's English at the moment - not he says because he feels particularly English ... but because he's finding it good with the girls lol.

My wonderful daughter was 2 when we arrived, she's a week short of 6 and I went to her assembly this week where she blasted out the Aussie national anthem, her school patriotic song (made me cry buckets) and all in all was awesome. We're a success story, it's worked for us and we are counting down the days until we can be citizens!! For my little girl, she's lived more of her life in OZ than UK, she's a very talented swimmer and as a pre primary swims with the year 6's, she's been spotted as one to watch, we pinch ourselves and say UK/OZ if she makes the grade and we laugh and say OZ, that's where she was nurtured, taught and believed in!! She's 5 but already for us it's OZ all the way!!!

You're not really poms are you?

You're not really poms are you?

My amazing and wonderful hubby feels like he's 'come home' in OZ, he just feels comlete here, I love my hubby so much and he loves my Humour!! I've ribbed him so much about being a lily white ginger in OZ, but jokes aside, he feels a true affinity here, he's convinced he works too hard and gets stressed and he's said to me a few times if he dies what would I do? I've told him I'd charter a plane and scatter him all over the Pilbara, I can't tell you how happy that make him xxxx

my parents have just landed for 6 weeks, they are blown away at my daughter singing the Aussie national anthem word for word, it is pretty emotional especially when you've thrown your lot in and are committed to a future here!! Even I get choked and she sings it every day on the way to school!! She said this morning ' mummy sing me that one about the queen' cos she doesn't know the words but I'm just happy she can sing the Aussie one and then she sings the school song along the lines of 'beneath the peppermint trees..our potential is unlimited....' It's such an inspiring song and they sing it every day...I thank god every day for my fortune to be here living this life xxxxx

Archived