My Visa Journey - Cafe Restaurant Manager 190 / 489 Visa TBC

jrmurray1108

It depends a lot upon the length of study and the entrance requirements/how many years of education you had prior to the study. So can't really say without that.

Check out the Australian framework here: https://aei.gov.au/Services-And-Resources/Services/Country-Education-Profiles/About-CEP/Documents/Australia.pdf There's a diagram of the qualification framework and if you're convinced your qualification would match the Australian Diploma and you want to apply for reassessment, just clearly step them through all the reasons why your qualification is comparable.

All the best,

It depends a lot upon the length of study and the entrance requirements/how many years of education you had prior to the study. So can't really say without that.

Check out the Australian framework here: https://aei.gov.au/Services-And-Resources/Services/Country-Education-Profiles/About-CEP/Documents/Australia.pdf There's a diagram of the qualification framework and if you're convinced your qualification would match the Australian Diploma and you want to apply for reassessment, just clearly step them through all the reasons why your qualification is comparable.

All the best,

Adam,

Thanks again, great link and really useful. I will lodge an advisory with Vetassess prior to a full reassessment and see what they say.

cheers

Step 1. Consult a registered migration agent for a preliminary assessment.

Wrussell..

Thanks for your most valuable contribution. I find it both offensive and entirely unnecessary. Your lack of profesionalism and tact is simply outstanding. I can only be grateful that I didn't consult a leaching lowlife like yourself and pay 3 grand for your 'professional opinion'

You sir, are a gloating idiot!

Perhaps if you can not contribute positively you should not contribute at all.

Whilst I appreciate you may have made many posts here and had many likes you have clearly missed both the title and point of the thread. It is about 'going it alone' so we don't have to pay extortionate fees for frankly inadequate service. Also, if you took the time to read the post you will note my issue is not with 'migration', it is with Vetassess, a subject which a lot of threads clearly describe 'registered migration experts' as knowing FA about....

So if you would keep your smug remarks to yourself or go and tout for business elsewhere.

Adam,

Thanks again, great link and really useful. I will lodge an advisory with Vetassess prior to a full reassessment and see what they say.

cheers

Jr, I'm not sure the advisory service will cater for the need as it specifically states that it won't offer an opinion of the qualification level and relevance. It's more of a 'here's the documents you should supply, here's how you make the application' kind of service.

• 1 year later...

Hi everyone,

This thread has been silence for a while but I hope there will be someone to answer my question.

For the work experience part of the assessment, do you know how many payslips do we have to submit to prove 1 year of employment?

After my diploma in hospitality management obtained in Australia, I had worked as an accommodation and hospitality manager for about 10 months and then as cafe/restaurant manager (current position) for about 6 months. In total more than 1 year employment.

Being still a student (bachelor degree in hospitality management), I have not always worked at least 20 hours per week but very close and during school breaks I worked more than 40 hours a week.

Do you think I will pass the skill assessment with only the eligible payslips that I have with the addition of a tax return document proving a full year salary?

Plus a letter from my previous and current employment...

Hi everyone,

This thread has been silence for a while but I hope there will be someone to answer my question.

For the work experience part of the assessment, do you know how many payslips do we have to submit to prove 1 year of employment?

After my diploma in hospitality management obtained in Australia, I had worked as an accommodation and hospitality manager for about 10 months and then as cafe/restaurant manager (current position) for about 6 months. In total more than 1 year employment.

Being still a student (bachelor degree in hospitality management), I have not always worked at least 20 hours per week but very close and during school breaks I worked more than 40 hours a week.

Do you think I will pass the skill assessment with only the eligible payslips that I have with the addition of a tax return document proving a full year salary?

First, yes, you would need to prove 1 the full length required.

Most occupations only regard experience as counting that is post qualification.

I would advise you to speak to a good agent - most will do an initial assessment for free

Hi everyone,

Hi Cippalippa,

If you don't mind me asking what exactly you're applying for that you need to prove 1 year experience? I'm a Cafe Manager myself on 457 atm thinking about next step to get PR.

I have read through the posts on here and I am slightly confused (it doesn't take much).

We had a visa assessment by a registered and recommended agent who said that although I have experience as a restaurant manager I didn't have any relevant qualifications to pass the skills assessment. I may have misread but it sounds like if you have a degree even if it is in an unrelated subject that you would pass the skills assessment. Have I completely misunderstood the posts or would my BSc Hons in criminology be enough to satisfy the skills assessment?

If not does anyone know which qualification I would have to do?

Also someone mentioned the 489 visa in relation to not having the qualifications. Is that something to look into or have I misunderstood that bit?

TIA

I have read through the posts on here and I am slightly confused (it doesn't take much).

We had a visa assessment by a registered and recommended agent who said that although I have experience as a restaurant manager I didn't have any relevant qualifications to pass the skills assessment. I may have misread but it sounds like if you have a degree even if it is in an unrelated subject that you would pass the skills assessment. Have I completely misunderstood the posts or would my BSc Hons in criminology be enough to satisfy the skills assessment?

If not does anyone know which qualification I would have to do?

Also someone mentioned the 489 visa in relation to not having the qualifications. Is that something to look into or have I misunderstood that bit?

TIA

A 489 still requires a valid skills assessment.

I would consider getting a second opinion from an agent