New Australia PM makes first Public Statement............

Skippy1

I wonder if the countries who are passionate about climate change will bring economic/trade sanctions against Australia for its now evident policies of blatantly funding environmental terrorism?

I guess, in a similar way to the Syria issue, we are forcing the rest of the western world to either put up or shut up.

I wonder if the countries who are passionate about climate change will bring economic/trade sanctions against Australia for its now evident policies of blatantly funding environmental terrorism?

I guess, in a similar way to the Syria issue, we are forcing the rest of the western world to either put up or shut up.

Getting rid of the carbon tax does not mean a country is not doing things about climate change. The carbon tax is a myth. It does not reduce pollution. My last site was one of the listed offenders that was slugged. It was slugged with $23 million. The only way it could reduce its carbon would be to shut down. So instead it pays. But, the carbon it produces is exactly the same. It was just another new tax

Getting rid of the carbon tax does not mean a country is not doing things about climate change. The carbon tax is a myth. It does not reduce pollution. My last site was one of the listed offenders that was slugged. It was slugged with $23 million. The only way it could reduce its carbon would be to shut down. So instead it pays. But, the carbon it produces is exactly the same. It was just another new tax

...a very simplistic view.

The problem with non polluting renewable sources just now is that, because of the existing infrastructure, coal and oil fired energy sources are cheaper than the clean alternatives so no business is going to be interested in changing. However, make things like coal more expensive and suddenly the alternatives become economic.

As I said in an earlier post, I think the full carbon tax should go into subsidies for renewables but, even without that, such a tax would gradually make things like solar thermal competitive with dirty energy sources like coal.

Archived