job websites

tdoc

Hi guys i am a UK qualified electrician and my wife is a nurse we are moving to Brisbane hopefully at the end of next year or when the jobs market picks up as i have read it is pretty bad out there, we have our P.R visas just wondering if anyone can tell me any good job websites and recruitment agencies to look at as it looks likes its going to take a bit of work to get a job.Also any tips on getting a job or advice on change of profession for myself would be much appreciated

cheers Tony

seek.com.au is the biggest pile of fake jobs you will ever see. People look at it and see over 100 jobs for their profession advertised and think it will be easy to get a job. I am a spark and have applied for around 100 or more jobs on seek in the last year and had maybe 2 or 3 replies and 1 offer of an interview. Better to look in local paper as these jobs are real or approach companies.

The smaller classifieds are great for jobs as lots of the smaller companys dont advertise on sites like Seek, alljobs etc etc.. Another option if you already have the visa is to contact company's direct, stay up one night and call them to sell yourself and see if they have any work. The white pages on line will help with names and contacts numbers of places.

I would also look into whats required to get the QLD licencing, as its a bit tricky for Electricians and plumbers and can sometimes mean taking unskilled work until you get sorted.

Lots of luck with everything

Cal x

cheers guys doing a reccie in 3 weeks so will pick up papers and see if i can make some contacts.looked into the QLD electrical license Cal not easy but will see what happens if i need to change jobs so be it.just as your quote states nobody said it would be easy they just said it would be worth it.

Thanks again guys

Archived