457 Visa processing time - August 2013

HeadingtoAus

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone, I've been reading this forum from the moment I stumbled upon it a few days ago. I've lodge in my application for 457 visa myself just after Christmas. The nomination hasn't been approved yet according to my employer and it took her a month to let me know that I could lodge my visa application.

I'm a nurse by profession and it usually takes 4-6 weeks according to some people on the other forum that I've been following. Have you had any problems or heard anyone with trouble while waiting for their visa?

Hi everyone, I've been reading this forum from the moment I stumbled upon it a few days ago. I've lodge in my application for 457 visa myself just after Christmas. The nomination hasn't been approved yet according to my employer and it took her a month to let me know that I could lodge my visa application.

I'm a nurse by profession and it usually takes 4-6 weeks according to some people on the other forum that I've been following. Have you had any problems or heard anyone with trouble while waiting for their visa?

Hi

I am waiting for my visa since 28 June .

Hi

I am waiting for my visa since 28 June .

That's quite a long time pavy. I did read your posts from the very start. Aren't you suppose to communicate with them directly instead of your MA? Or maybe check your spam mails, it's been over 6 months you must have received some mail in one way or another

That's quite a long time pavy. I did read your posts from the very start. Aren't you suppose to communicate with them directly instead of your MA? Or maybe check your spam mails, it's been over 6 months you must have received some mail in one way or another

Dear jp

My case officer allocated on 20 December . After six months . Pray for me . I am losing hope

Don't worry pavy. I am in the same boat and waiting for my visa for more than 4 months. I am doctor by profession and my colleagues in the past got their visas in 4-6 weeks time but now they have increased processing time. Hope we all get visa soon inshAllah

OMG since 25th Aug, really? We have both given up our jobs and sold cars as we were told it would only take 4-6 wks for our visa by recruitment agency in Melbourne. When did you submit your medical? Have you heard anything at all from immigration or has your status changed on the website?

Anyone else still waiting or can give me any experience of timings, if it's going to take months we will have to find jobs again :-(

Well its quite a variable story I must say. My medicals were done at the same time when my application was lodged. Many people get their visa in 4-6 weeks time. But recently a friend of mine working as a GP in Victoria also took about 4 months for his visa grant.

My status has updated many times in terms of Application being processed further, Information received, No further medicals required on the basis of information provided to DIAC. So its indeed quite a volatile subject.

All the best with your application n remember me in your prayers.

Anyone else still waiting or can give me any experience of timings, if it's going to take months we will have to find jobs again :-(

Hi,

My nomination and visa application were submitted on 21 November, Business Sponsorship (because my company haven't sponsored anyone before) was granted on the 12th December, about 4 weeks after being lodged. No word on the nomination or visa grant yet, there will have been a bit of a delay as the immigration department close for Christmas and would probably have had a lot of people on holiday the few days they were open. I'm hoping for a grant this month too, due to speak to my relocation agent tomorrow so I'll post an update if they have any useful information on timescales!

Best of luck with your application, hope it doesn't take too long!

It's not really an "upgrade" - you'd have to apply for a 457 through the usual process (company need to be approved to sponsor people, then nominate a position which you would then lodge an application for), but yes, a lot of people go from a WHV to a 457. I was looking at going out on a 417 while waiting for my 457 to be granted but decided to wait and keep my WHV in my back pocket just in case something goes wrong with my 457 in future!

Hi All,

My employer told that he lodged 457 VISA by end of 2013 ( may be 29 Dec ) by some agent in Aus. He told we'll get TRN number after few days using which we can track online. He told we'll be asked for medical once process will start but no updates as of now.

Any idea how long it will take for VISA processing in each steps its for WA. ( Software developer profile )

Thanks !!

Archived