Australia is brown and flat and boring, I miss Englands rolling fields of green

wolvesaussie

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
People do in fact, like being in the outback.

http://www.wayoutback.com.au/

http://www.outbackaussietours.com.au/

Cheers, Bobj.

Agreed. My sister in law and her OH have just spent the best part of the last three months camping in the outback. Some was in a caravan but they also spent a fair bit of time away from the caravan off road with a tent. Out in the kind of places with none of the mod cons and no mobile reception. I doubt it's something we'll ever do but I would love to go and spend some time up in the Flinders Ranges.

Certain comments aside... this thread is wonderful! Thank you all so much (especially Pom Queen!) for posting all these lovely pics! Anyone who posts in the future - would you consider labeling where they were taken? If Immigration sees fit to grant my visa, I'd like to start a "must see" list, and so far, a lot of the places in these pictures are on it! ;)

Guest The Pom Queen
A few weeks holiday in them pictures...??? Come on bob I think family's would rather holiday at Disney world

It just shows you have no idea. Who wants to stand for 3 hours in a queue for a Disney ride, battle all the crowds :no: give me peace and tranquility, going off the beaten track, venturing where no man has been before, waterfalls all to yourself, fantastic flora and fauna any day. Oh and its my youngest son who is pushing for this trip, so yes he would prefer the outback over Disney.

It just shows you have no idea. Who wants to stand for 3 hours in a queue for a Disney ride, battle all the crowds :no: give me peace and tranquility, going off the beaten track, venturing where no man has been before, waterfalls all to yourself, fantastic flora and fauna any day. Oh and its my youngest son who is pushing for this trip, so yes he would prefer the outback over Disney.

The 17 million people a year that visit it

Oh, I dunno, for lotsa families it is worth a few weeks' holidays.

Ya just gotta love the vastness, the isolation, the sense of peace and tranquillity etc. etc. Some people can take it in big doses...:yes:

Cheers, Bobj.

It is a great experience to do but does need to be tampered with urban pursuits as well. Well for many of us anyway. Some take it in large doses but some go troppo as well and social skills wane.

My thoughts exactly!

It is a great experience to do but does need to be tampered with urban pursuits as well. Well for many of us anyway. Some take it in large doses but some go troppo as well and social skills wane.

You mean like this??

paul1977

user-online.png

And if you really want to you can go on holiday in North Korea ..

Laff_zpsdd643eba.jpg

Cheers, Bobj.

Different courses for different horses. Some families I expect with young kids may well opt for Disney. I agree the waiting time is dreadful and would be unlikely to repeat but not sure how many times would care to venture in the outback as opposed to other possibilities either. Long distances, high fuel costs and expensive food would also likely to impact on frequent visits.

But for those that haven't of course they should experience it.

Archived