transfer of australian super to uk

Hi

I have just returned to uk permanently after working in oz for 7 years. I have built up super of 50000 dollars.Im not sure what to do with this super.

would there be any advantage leaving it in the super account and getting the money later[55 years old] or transfer this money to my Australian bank account to gain interest for a later date? what would be the tax implications?

thanks

[

How old are you ?

The reason I ask is it wouldn't make sense to transfer it into a bank account and leave it there for 20 years.

If you have a long investment horizon you should invest it in growth or at least balanced, so it will grow to a larger sum over time.

The other benefit in super, is that super funds only pay tax on their earnings of 15%, so this also helps your investment grow quicker than if held outside super.

Hi

I have just returned to uk permanently after working in oz for 7 years. I have built up super of 50000 dollars.Im not sure what to do with this super.

would there be any advantage leaving it in the super account and getting the money later[55 years old] or transfer this money to my Australian bank account to gain interest for a later date? what would be the tax implications?

thanks

[

I could be wrong, but it is my understanding that you can't really do a lot with your super except either leave it where it is or put it in a different Australian super fund. You can't access it until preservation age and you can't transfer it to the UK. If I'm wrong I'm sure Andy from Vista will correct me.

When I looked into it,you can pull it out, but you pay so much tax it is not worth it. I assume you have access to it online, and can alter your investment strategy? I'd leave it there and try and build it up.

I could be wrong, but it is my understanding that you can't really do a lot with your super except either leave it where it is or put it in a different Australian super fund. You can't access it until preservation age and you can't transfer it to the UK. If I'm wrong I'm sure Andy from Vista will correct me.

Hi

Assuming that you were either PR or Citizen the above comments about having to leave it in Australia are correct.

To access Super you need to have met a condition of release, generally retirement, a full condition of release is attaining age 65 or retiring after reaching preservation age currently age 55 but gradually moving to age 60.

If you do reach preservation age and have not fully retired there may be ways of accessing up to 10% of the balance.

Regards

Andy