More Money.

surfandsea

Its gone up for my main visa my wife and 2 small.children. loads of bollox. gonna cost about 7-8grand. was only 3k when first looked into it begin of year.

7-8 grand... this is a lot of money just to get the flaming stamps on the passports.

Surely someone has got out their HSC textbook in economics and realised that demand is relatively inelastic in this case. If the partner visa was $50,000 people would still pay it. The UK equivalent is GBP850 i think which when compared is seriously cheap when you consider 2 years after you can sign on!

Horrible situation and I dread what we might has to pay one day for a visa but unless their is some human rights treaty which sets a limit for visa costs australia has no limit to what it can charge - $1 mil if it chooses

850??? no....the partner visa is 2500 pounds....more from september

Sooo not fair ! It's really disheartening knowing it's gonna keep going up, i don't earn that much just saving whatever i can each month....was just trying to apply before next july so it wouldn't go up again, but it doesn't matter because it's going up before then!

Sooo not fair ! It's really disheartening knowing it's gonna keep going up, i don't earn that much just saving whatever i can each month....was just trying to apply before next july so it wouldn't go up again, but it doesn't matter because it's going up before then!

Why don't you apply for a bank loan to pay for it, and then pay that off over 3 or 4 years? Once you have your visa you could come out here and validate it, then return to the UK until you have paid the loan off (or stay and get work and pay the loan off from this end).

So as of 1st september its going to cost even more for a visa. they hiked it up 1st july and now again. .

I might have to pull out of this visa nonsence as its becoming soooo costly. . maybe ill jump on a boat and see how that goes. . Dreams turn to knightmares.

Where did you find this out ? I looked on the Skills Select website and can't see anything about prices going up again.

Wow, it's going up by quite a few hundred dollars, that is quite scary. I do feel like my whole visa process so far has just been done at unlucky times. My ANMAC (skills assessment) was submitted just as all the enrolled nurses had to apply for it. A reference from a former emplyer being delayed by six weeks was the reason I didn't apply for skills assessment in march and had to wait till may. Now I think i'm going to be applying for the visa a few weeks after these extra charges. I'm pretty pissed off at my old manager, her slow response at a reference has cost me hundreds!

I had to telephone Immigration earlier and I asked if the prices were going up and he asked me where I heard it. I explained to him about that link and he said if it's not on the actual immigration website, then it won't be happening as Immigration only put their prices up once a year on the 1st July. It would be good to know definitively as if the Immigration Department aren't saying anything about it, are they planning to just spring it on people overnight?

I had to telephone Immigration earlier and I asked if the prices were going up and he asked me where I heard it. I explained to him about that link and he said if it's not on the actual immigration website, then it won't be happening as Immigration only put their prices up once a year on the 1st July. It would be good to know definitively as if the Immigration Department aren't saying anything about it, are they planning to just spring it on people overnight?

Given the link is an Aus government website and migration agents are the ones giving out the link and info, I'm inclined to believe the sources.

It says its 'Administered by: Immigration and Citizenship'

Aus isnt the, "lets sell our house in the UK and buy one twice the size in Aus " option any more is it,its been obvious for yrs now,if you are willing to fulfil all the criteria,expense,and stress to get a visa for Aus now,its because you're determined and single minded to see if its for you,not for financial reasons,as it might have been in the past,i guess thats good for Aus,if not for prospective migrants,initially anyway

I can't say I'm not gutted by the increases it will put our plans on the back burner for an extra year or two now but I hope we will still make it!! I can however see where they're coming from to a point

Get that folding stuff out of that tiny pocket in yer purse,where yer hide it "in case of emergencies"(shoe's,handbag's....):no:,you'll well have the £ then:biggrin:

Ahhhh seriously tho,it sounds wrong,big increases,i dont think its fair tbh,BUT,you'll find it somehow,it was much less £ when i got my visa tbh,but still a pain,somehow yer just find it,im sure you will too

All the best anyway!

Archived