condition 8539

mdmx33

Hi Guys

Just looking for some information on my moral obligations under WA state sponsorship. I was granted a 489 end of May while onshore. I've been trying to get work in regional WA for 6 months now with no luck at all. I want to live in WA however working here at the moment outside of Perth is proving impossible. I've been offered many jobs but they are all in Perth which is no good to me. I took the 489 under the advice of the dept. of migration WA as my occupation was being taken off the list in a the next few weeks of the phone call.

I've read many posts which say different things and quite often refer to the PR visas. My visa is a provisional and don't want to prevent myself from being able to convert it to after working in regional for two years. In terms of my visa condition 8539 it does not specify any region or state in particular. Can I move to NT, SA or Tas for example where any area is classed as regional. What information will the DIAC request when I try to gain PR in regards to my obligations.

I am very lucky to receive a visa and I am totally grateful, please don't beat me up as my intention was to stay in WA where I have all my friends and some family. Moving to another state was never really even considered until a week ago. I would move back to WA at the earliest opportunity if it was right to do so.

Thanks Guys

I really do appreciate any serious advice anyone can give.

The 'moral obligation' is only for pr. On your visa you have an actual obligation. If you don't live and work in regional Australia for long enough you will be refused a permenant visa.

That's as much as my knowledge goes I'm afraid. I have no idea if it has to be regional of your sponsoring state, or regional anywhere in oz. I'm sure someone smart will be along soon.