ANMAC now 16 weeks.

Murray146

Hi, for anybody that's waiting on ANMAC re having their skills assessed, my OH has received an email to say that they are still processing Aprils applications and that the lead time is now 16 weeks. As we've already waited 14 weeks, what's another 2 weeks! :biggrin:

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I contacted them yesterday as its 15 weeks for me now. Getting a bit fed up of everyone asking 'how are your Australia plans coming along' and me answering 'still waiting for my skills assessment' . They said on the e-mail they sent me that they would contact me when they've started on my assessment so we should hear soon.

Debs

I'm getting fed up of people asking "So have you booked your plane tickets yet?" I have to keep explaining that I'm nowhere near as I have to have the assessment before i can even apply for the visa. It is frustrating isn't it?! Apparently ANMAC are on Aprils assessments, so for you hopefully only another month or so to wait. Good luck!

I contacted them yesterday as its 15 weeks for me now. Getting a bit fed up of everyone asking 'how are your Australia plans coming along' and me answering 'still waiting for my skills assessment' . They said on the e-mail they sent me that they would contact me when they've started on my assessment so we should hear soon.

Debs

Hi, for anybody that's waiting on ANMAC re having their skills assessed, my OH has received an email to say that they are still processing Aprils applications and that the lead time is now 16 weeks. As we've already waited 14 weeks, what's another 2 weeks! :biggrin:

Hi,

I've been waiting 17 wks, tomorrow, paperwork received 19/04/2013!!! grrrrrrr

Kim

Hi,

I've been waiting 17 wks, tomorrow, paperwork received 19/04/2013!!! grrrrrrr

Kim

17 weeks my god thats bloody ages mine was sent 4th june and acknowledged of them 20th june, if i go by your timescale though you not had it its taking into October grrrrr.........have you rang them? i would if its taking that long but mines 8 weeks at the minute grr x

17 weeks my god thats bloody ages mine was sent 4th june and acknowledged of them 20th june, if i go by your timescale though you not had it its taking into October grrrrr.........have you rang them? i would if its taking that long but mines 8 weeks at the minute grr x

Hi, I sent the paperwork on the 12th and they e-mailed to say they'd received it on the 19th (thought that was a gd start lol). They sent a further e-mail to acknowledge that my IELTS results had arrived and then nothing.......I e-mailed the lady who is dealing with my case 2 wks ago and she replied immediately to say that assessments are taking up to 16 wks due to a high volume of applicants.......Was expecting something this week........

Hi, I sent the paperwork on the 12th and they e-mailed to say they'd received it on the 19th (thought that was a gd start lol). They sent a further e-mail to acknowledge that my IELTS results had arrived and then nothing.......I e-mailed the lady who is dealing with my case 2 wks ago and she replied immediately to say that assessments are taking up to 16 wks due to a high volume of applicants.......Was expecting something this week........

Yep pretty much the same, email to say there received then email to sat all appears in order and now passed over into queue for final assessment.....well shall just have to sit and wait

My docs were sent 9th April. They acknowledged that they had received them on 29th April. I received an e-mail on 13th aug saying that they had completed my assessment and my file was going to a 2nd reviewer as per ANMAC policy, and if the 2nd reviewr agrees with the first, I'll receive my LOD within 2 weeks. All April applicants should here something soon.

Debs

My docs were sent 9th April. They acknowledged that they had received them on 29th April. I received an e-mail on 13th aug saying that they had completed my assessment and my file was going to a 2nd reviewer as per ANMAC policy, and if the 2nd reviewr agrees with the first, I'll receive my LOD within 2 weeks. All April applicants should here something soon.

Debs

Hi Debs,

Just woke up this morning to the same e-mail, lol. All very consistent re dates and so on then. From others I've spoken to you just get the LOD in the post, no further e-mails were sent.

1 wee further bit forward!!

Kim x

Great stuff. I have to be honest, after waiting and waiting for ANMAC to complete my skills assessment, and after checking my e-mail daily, I didn't really get that excited. Now I thought I'd be jumping up and down because its a step closer, but I wasn't. I read it. Thought there was something wrong with my assessment because it was having a second review. Read it again. Realised that I've actually passed it with the first reviewer. Put my shoes on, grabbed my bag and went to work. End of.

Is there something wrong with me!!!!

Debs

Great stuff. I have to be honest, after waiting and waiting for ANMAC to complete my skills assessment, and after checking my e-mail daily, I didn't really get that excited. Now I thought I'd be jumping up and down because its a step closer, but I wasn't. I read it. Thought there was something wrong with my assessment because it was having a second review. Read it again. Realised that I've actually passed it with the first reviewer. Put my shoes on, grabbed my bag and went to work. End of.

Is there something wrong with me!!!!

Debs

Lol, prob sink in when you receive your LOD. I daresay the excitement has to be kept for when we get our actual Visa's. Currently I feel like I'm talking about someone else when I discuss Australia :)

Hi guys.

woke up to an e-mail this morning from ANMAC to say they have completed my assessment and that I'll receive a hard copy in the post 4-6 weeks (is someone walking over with it??). They have scanned a copy to my agent. Good times. Gotta find more money now for my SS. If I could just keep the kids off my money tree out back I'd be ok ha ha. Kim you should get the same very shortly.

Debs

Hi guys.

woke up to an e-mail this morning from ANMAC to say they have completed my assessment and that I'll receive a hard copy in the post 4-6 weeks (is someone walking over with it??).

That's a ridiculous amount of time to wait. I heard on 2nd July by email that I'd passed the skills assessment and 4 days later the letter arrived. Not trying to get your hopes up, but I wonder if they'd meant to write 'days' instead of 'months'? x

That's a ridiculous amount of time to wait. I heard on 2nd July by email that I'd passed the skills assessment and 4 days later the letter arrived. Not trying to get your hopes up, but I wonder if they'd meant to write 'days' instead of 'months'? x

Im using an agent and they have sent him a scanned copy of my LOD which my agent has forwarded onto me this morning. So I am now in possession of it. Yee haa.

Debs

I sent my application for full skills assessment on the 21st of May, they received it on the 28th, initial assessment done on 4th of June, received an acknowledgement regarding NMC verification on 24th of June and that they were still dealing with April assessments and that my application was in a queue, then so far nothing! I check my e-mails every single day!!! I have not been told any other timeframe.

Hey!

received ANMAC email this morning, my application is going to a second assessor. i know that this is the norm, but what are the chances that the second assessor disagrees with the first and fails my assesment! has this happened to anyone? (Sorry......doubts kicking in!!)

Mir x

HI Mirmai,

I am sure that the second assessor will confirm the decision of the first assessor...its like ratification process in universities...

Atleast your timeline is promising assuming that you applied for a full skills assessment! I am convinced that my case worker does not like me!:cry:

Keep us posted of your timelime.

X

Smitty

Hi Debs ( travelchic),

I found it curious that after you did your academic IELTS you did a general version again?

It looks like all your enthusiasm evaporated with anticipation, not your fault, the whole turtle pace takes its toll on people......I m sure will happen to me too. Did you apply for a modified skills assessment?

Good luck:biggrin:

Smitty

HI Mirmai,

I am sure that the second assessor will confirm the decision of the first assessor...its like ratification process in universities...

Atleast your timeline is promising assuming that you applied for a full skills assessment! I am convinced that my case worker does not like me!:cry:

Keep us posted of your timelime.

X

Smitty

Thanks Smitty, yes, applied for a full assessment, wasnt especting to hear of anything until mid october, so this was a surprise this morning! Will keep you posted, fingers and toes crossed that the second assessor agrees with the first!

cheers,

Mir x

Archived