worried visa may be rejected

toozmaybe

Hi there. Myself and my husband have been invited to apply for a 189 visa with me as the main applicant. This visa is going to cost us 7000 euro as we are a family of five. (and i believe increasing on 1/9 again)

My concern and where i am looking for advice is in relation to our application. I met my husband in 1997 in Australia. During that time he was on a holiday visa but remained and worked illegally for a year. He got a 3 year ban on leaving that was in 1998, so ban has well lifted by now.

Unfortunately thats not all. My husband had a very troubled childhood and left home when he was 17 and moved to America where he also lived and worked illegally until he was 30. He was caught by immigration after ten years and asked to leave america on his own recognaissance - which he did .

Any ideas on best way to put this across in our applciation!!! Should we attach a separte sheet explaining background. Cannot afford migration agent at all. Husband is off great character, has had his own business here last 15 years, no criminal record etc just never wanted to live here and wanted to tarvel rather carelessly and fancy free in his 20`s...

Honesty i hope is the best policy for him...what else can we do. He broke the rules as a teenager and in his early 20s i just hope now in our 40s it doesnt come back to haunt us. Would immigration understand it was 20 years ago or will there be a good chance visa will be rejected :( and 7000 gone down the toilet

Any advice welcome.

I might not be a big help in this case the only thing I can say is I've been in the states on tourist visa for over 6 years which means illegally. And I came back to the UK end of 2003 so I had to put down my address in New Jersey. I did ask my MA what if they gonna ask questions about it and she said the worst case scenario is they will ask for police report. Our application is lodged as my wife as the main applicant too.

I think you should answer the questions asked on the form. Now if I can remember right they only interested In The past ten years and the criminal convictions.

I think they will see that your husband settled down with kids etc they won't make any problem out of it

Thanks Chubbs75

I was while doing the application delighted they only asked questions relating to past ten years so i thought great - but then on the last page it says

Have you ever lived in another country - if so give details

and then

Have you ever been asked to leave a country - if so give details

So looks like he will have to explain where he has lived for his life.

I hope they do see he has now settled and take this into account.

Thanks for sharing your info hope it works out for you

Ha a boat would be good! We can afford to immigrate next year as just awaiting house sale to go through and will move with the proceeds. Unfortunately with visa increase prices in last couple of months our visa price has doubled which we were not expecting so have had to scrape every single last penny together to get application in by deadline. Not much more funds coming this side of Xmas. I have however taken your advice and emailed a migration agent recommended on here today - even If I can just pay for a consult may be beneficial. Thanks

Hi there. Myself and my husband have been invited to apply for a 189 visa with me as the main applicant. This visa is going to cost us 7000 euro as we are a family of five. (and i believe increasing on 1/9 again)

My concern and where i am looking for advice is in relation to our application. I met my husband in 1997 in Australia. During that time he was on a holiday visa but remained and worked illegally for a year. He got a 3 year ban on leaving that was in 1998, so ban has well lifted by now.

Unfortunately thats not all. My husband had a very troubled childhood and left home when he was 17 and moved to America where he also lived and worked illegally until he was 30. He was caught by immigration after ten years and asked to leave america on his own recognaissance - which he did .

Any ideas on best way to put this across in our applciation!!! Should we attach a separte sheet explaining background. Cannot afford migration agent at all. Husband is off great character, has had his own business here last 15 years, no criminal record etc just never wanted to live here and wanted to tarvel rather carelessly and fancy free in his 20`s...

Honesty i hope is the best policy for him...what else can we do. He broke the rules as a teenager and in his early 20s i just hope now in our 40s it doesnt come back to haunt us. Would immigration understand it was 20 years ago or will there be a good chance visa will be rejected :( and 7000 gone down the toilet

Any advice welcome.

Based on what you have posted,I suggest you get your visa application lodged. If you cannot afford a consultation fee for a RMA to review the facts of your case and advise you about the issues you have raised , I wish you all the best.

My husband had been banned from Australia for overstaying by 10 months. I was totally honest about it on the applications (we had three different visas) and each one was granted without question. Just point out he knows he was an idiot, but has grown up and is now going through proper channels. They are more concerned with being lied to than what has happened years ago.

Archived