Hi all - currently applying for 309/100 visa

vickyplum

Hi everyone

Just wanted to say hello, after the many hours I've spent looking at specific threads for advice, and also just browsing on subjects like jobs, where to live, where to visit/holiday.

I am currently in the process of gathering all the info I need to apply for a 309/100 visa. Just waiting for the stat decs from Australian friends and a couple from my friends and then I am ready to send it all in to Australia House in London. I am British and I live with my Australian partner in London. He has been here for 10 years but we are hoping to relocate to Sydney, where my partner's family live (aside from Dad in Wollongong & Mum in Adelaide - siblings are all in North/South Sydney). And most importantly, it will bring him physically closer to his daughter, also in Adelaide.

I am going into the process slightly blind, but I am aware of the high taxation, higher cost of living, different medical care arrangements, so am not completely blinkered. But at the same time I am looking foward to what Australia can offer and how we can make the best of it. I visited Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide over Xmas 12/13 and will hopefully visit again around Easter 2014, for a more practical visit - less tourist stuff and more of an eye on surburbs, jobs, transport etc.

So that was a very long way of saying Hello! Have a great weekend :)

VP

Hi there, we are opposites, I am the Aussie and my partner is applying for the 309/100 also here in London. Looks like we might have a similar time line as we hope to send off the paper work to the high commission tomorrow actually! Finally have everything we need together, look forward to sharing stories :)

ps I'm also from Wollongong!

Nikki :)

I went through all the paperwork about 7 or 8 years ago. Even though it often seemed that they only handed out a visa when the weight of the paperwork matched my weight, in the end it was worth it and I've loved my new life down here since August 2007.

Hi there, we are opposites, I am the Aussie and my partner is applying for the 309/100 also here in London. Looks like we might have a similar time line as we hope to send off the paper work to the high commission tomorrow actually! Finally have everything we need together, look forward to sharing stories :)

Thanks Nikki! Checking through the paperwork at the weekend, I realised that I do not have a full birth certificate, so I have ordered one from the General Register Office, as my current version does not have my parents' names on it. I am also waiting for the stat decs from Australia citizens / and other friends. I believe they will be with me this week, but if not, I will submit the rest of my paperwork anyway, so I can "mark" my place in the queue. I'm really looking forward to getting it done and seeing what happens next!

Good luck with your partner's paperwork :)

I went through all the paperwork about 7 or 8 years ago. Even though it often seemed that they only handed out a visa when the weight of the paperwork matched my weight, in the end it was worth it and I've loved my new life down here since August 2007.

Judging by the pile of paperwork I have accumulated, sounds about right!!

Hiya,

Just Be prepared for a long wait..........We are also waiting for 309/100 to be granted. Applied London 22 Jan 13, CO assigned two weeks later, Medical done April 13, asked for extra documents June 13. CO requires nothing more from us so Nothing more to do now other than wait nearly at the 7mth mark. My hubby is English and I'm Australian. Have been separated from hubby since Jan 13 as I moved back to Perth from Living in the UK. :-) Wait time given 8 to 9 mths

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Nikki - finally submitted my application today - feels really good to have sent off that big pile of paperwork. Did you get yours sent off as planned?

Hi Nikki - finally submitted my application today - feels really good to have sent off that big pile of paperwork. Did you get yours sent off as planned?

Congratulations! What a relief it is, isn't it! We sent ours off a little later than when I last posted, had to wait a couple of days for a friends stat dec, ended up posting it exactly a week go, Saturday 17th, money was taken from our account on Tuesday 20th but haven't heard anything else yet, anxiously checking our emails every half an hour! We've got the weekend and bank holiday now so hopefully will hear something on Tuesday. Look forward to hearing your updates :)