IELTS Results

dondanell

Haha yes :)knew she loved it!

Congrats on your results! You don't have to through that again!:goofy:

I didn't get what I wanted with the listening, then again I am a guy so makes sense!

Listening:7.0 Reading:9.0 Writing:8.0 Speaking:8.5

Did you need 8 in listening?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well done Kerry that is great you got what you wanted!! :biggrin: Well done Dondanell did you get what you needed as well?

I am really cross as I cannot get my results, have been trying for last 40 minutes. It gos to the page but just won't connect to my results!!! -- I bet it's cos I'm in Ireland and they haven't posted them up yet!!!!! :realmad: Grrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!

I couldn't access my results till 12pm Carmel. Check with the others what site they used and try that. Don, at least you know what the ya is all about now. Plus a big pat on the back for the reading. A lot of people struggle with that one. Well done.

Debs

I did yes :(

As of this year, my skills assessor slashes 5 years of work experience off before they consider you as being "skilled", So I lose 5 years w/e to claim points on! So I will be doing it all over again.

Damn that listening was way harder than the two practice ones I did!!

Sorry mister but you will slam it next time!

I practised listening tests every night for 2 weeks before the test. It's so easy to mess it up though. It's that simple at the beginning that you start thinking stuff like 'did I turn my straighteners off' or 'what shall I do for tea' and then bam, you've lost your place. On my listening it was about a woman phoning up an insurance co about a washer that had leaked. One of the questions was 'what ruined the floor' and i Put 'the leak'. Then after wards I realised it should be 'the water'. So easy to write in what you would use in everyday language.

Debs

I think my worst one is gonna be the speaking. I didn't speak for long enough on the 2 minutes thing and she had to tell me to carry on!!!! Agh!! Not sure about the writing as well -- I think reading and listening were good though - oh I just want the blinking results now!! Put me out of my misery .......

I practised listening tests every night for 2 weeks before the test. It's so easy to mess it up though. It's that simple at the beginning that you start thinking stuff like 'did I turn my straighteners off' or 'what shall I do for tea' and then bam, you've lost your place. On my listening it was about a woman phoning up an insurance co about a washer that had leaked. One of the questions was 'what ruined the floor' and i Put 'the leak'. Then after wards I realised it should be 'the water'. So easy to write in what you would use in everyday language.

Debs

Exactly what happened to me! Just wandered for split sec and missed it so guessed what any normal person would say! These tests are not normal!!!!

I think my worst one is gonna be the speaking. I didn't speak for long enough on the 2 minutes thing and she had to tell me to carry on!!!! Agh!! Not sure about the writing as well -- I think reading and listening were good though - oh I just want the blinking results now!! Put me out of my misery .......

I has to be asked to continue on my 2 minute talk. Had to talk about friendship when I'd just answered all of her questions about types of friendship. Hard to not go over what had already been covered. And the stop watch. Arrrgghhh. Looking at that made me nervous. I said errrmmm loads of times. Still got an 8.5 though. Even with a scouse accent lol

Debs

I has to be asked to continue on my 2 minute talk. Had to talk about friendship when I'd just answered all of her questions about types of friendship. Hard to not go over what had already been covered. And the stop watch. Arrrgghhh. Looking at that made me nervous. I said errrmmm loads of times. Still got an 8.5 though. Even with a scouse accent lol

Debs

Maybe there is hope for me yet then Debs!! I just thought cos I didn't talk long enough that was it!! She asked loads of questions that just threw me as well so god knows how I did!! I just checked my paperwork and it says 'Your results will be available to view onine no later than 2pm' so I could still be waiting up til then aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wowser what a relief I got an overall 9 (R9 L9 W8 S9) I missed one with the reading too, and had to hazard a guess!

Well done Kezzles!

donovan have you seen the free 20 course on Twitter? There are some great tips & advice on there!

Well done Niinstalls - they are brilliant results you must be so chuffed!! I have to wait til 2pm for my results -- bloody Ireland is behind with eveything!! Lol

Wowser what a relief I got an overall 9 (R9 L9 W8 S9) I missed one with the reading too, and had to hazard a guess!

Well done Kezzles!

donovan have you seen the free 20 course on Twitter? There are some great tips & advice on there!

well done!!!

Well done everyone who did as well as they needed to!

Hopefully you can help me out, I just got my results for my second attempt, I need 8's in every section but I got 7 in writing again. I looked at examples online beforehand and I really don't think my attempts were that deficient.

Any tips gratefully received!

I got Listening 9.0, Reading 8.5, Writing 8.0 and Speaking 8.5, Overall 8.5.

For the whole visa application process, I still have to wait for another two months until I get one year's work experience to meet the occupation assessment requirement. Hope things would all turn out fine.

Well after a long wait for my results !!!

I got L 9, R 9 W 7.5 (!!) S 9 -- agh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Overall 8.5 -- Not sure if I have enough for my points -- I think I have if I get 15 in both qualifications and experienc!!??

Gosh - Im in shock -- I did really well but then awful at the writing!! Not sure if I have to resit...................... :goofy:

Well done everyone who did as well as they needed to!

Hopefully you can help me out, I just got my results for my second attempt, I need 8's in every section but I got 7 in writing again. I looked at examples online beforehand and I really don't think my attempts were that deficient.

Any tips gratefully received!

Sorry to hear that. I can advise you about what I did. Mine was advantages/disadvantages of after school clubs. I read the question and made notes on the question paper about what I was going to write. I wrote an opening statement telling the reader what I was going to write about without copying the question (you lose points for that). Then I wrote about the advantages of after school club I. The next paragraph was about the disadvantages of after school club. Then I wrote a paragraph about what my thoughts were. Then I concluded. Each time I wrote a paragraph I quickly counted the words and jotted the amount on the question paper. If you go under the word count you lose points. You don't if you go over. I only used words that I knew I could spell and that I undertood the meaning of. I wrote in pencil so I could erase mistakes. And I avoided slang words.

Hope this helps. Maybe you could do some practice tests in exam conditions and ask someone to read them for you. Don't be put off doing it again.

debs

I got L 9, R 9 W 7.5 (!!) S 9 -- agh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Overall 8.5 -- Not sure if I have enough for my points -- I think I have if I get 15 in both qualifications and experienc!!??

Gosh - Im in shock -- I did really well but then awful at the writing!! Not sure if I have to resit...................... :goofy:

Oh no. What is your occupation?

hey that a good result!!!!

we will get 15 for quals and expereince so you only need 10 like me..i wihs like you i had got 20 points so I didnt have to stress over proving my 8/10 years but we can it just takes a bit more effort...

Archived