getting transcript for anmac

nursesam

Hi I was wondering if someone may be able to help...

I sent my anmac application off a few weeks back. It was received and I had an email to say I still needed my transcript with evidence of theory and practice hours.

I have contacted my university (plymouth) for this but they haven't responded to me. I'm getting worried because I know it's gonna take a long time for my skills assessment anyway and I dont want this to delay it furher!

Anyone else had the same problem/any suggestions??

Sam

I can always try it... I only graduated in 2011 though (nhs made such a good impression I've only lasted 2 years!!) So I'm not sure they can help as it said up to 2002! Butbit's worth a try I suppose. No one in Plymouth seems to be able to help me! Very frustrating!

Just go onto the NMC website, select nursing overseas and message them asking for your transcript to be sent. I did this and they took a while to get to me but in the meantime my uni had found the transcript and sent it. Just for your info I had the same message from ANMAC requesting my transcript. They received my assessment docs on 29/04/2013 and message me at a later date requesting the transcript. When they received the transcript they messages me again to say that there is a wait of 12-16 weeks from when they received my assessment docs. So my view is that once they receive your docs, they have a quick look to see if all is correct and it goes into a queue regardless of if something is missing. So you will be in a queue now, therefore you shouldn't worry about it taking more time. You have got plenty of time to get your transcript and send it off. Hope this helps.

Debs

Thanks I'll give it a go! That's good hopefully won't take any longer than the 12-16 weeks.

Out of interest, I see you took the general ielts... I'm going to do the same as like you was 0.5 off of getting an 8! Very frustrating but need the points. Did you find it much easier?

Hi everyone!

I was wondering if anyone can help me regarding the University transcript for ANMAC.

I emailed my University, stating that I required a transcript/syllabus of my training with a breakdown of the practice and theory hours.

They replied saying the following:

'Theoretical transcripts as you have described are not issued because we do not maintain a record of theory hours, so such information would not be available. Upon graduation, you will receive a Final Results Transcript which would detail modules, module level and credits; this is the only transcript you would be given on qualification.'

They have also mentioned I can purchase a 'clinical transcript' from the Uni online shop for £25. Need to find out exactly what this includes though.

So my question is, does anyone know if ANMAC require a detailed breakdown of the theory hours, for each module? Or can I just get the University to sign off next to a list of my modules, saying that as part of my training, I completed 2,300 hours of theory, as per EU directives?

Lizzie

Lizzie contact the NMC. They will send it for free.

go on the website and select nursing overseas. You can message them from there asking for your transcript to be sent. You're not allowed to practice as a nurse unless you've done the correct amount of hours and theory, so if you're registered, they've got that info.

oh and it's free.

Debs

I like free. Free is good!!

The only reason I hesitated re. going via the NMC is because they say on the website the NMC can't guarantee the information contained will meet the requirements of the licensing or registration board being applied to.

Do you reckon the info sent over from the NMC is the same format, regardless of where you've studied? Because if that's the case and yours was accepted ok travelchic, this certainly seems like the best option!

Lizzie

Thanks I'll give it a go! That's good hopefully won't take any longer than the 12-16 weeks.

Out of interest, I see you took the general ielts... I'm going to do the same as like you was 0.5 off of getting an 8! Very frustrating but need the points. Did you find it much easier?

The listening and speaking are the same. It's just the reading and writing that's different. The reading was easier. I think the 40 questions were spread over 5 or 6 passages. Staring really easy and getting harder as you go along. I though it was easier because when I was stuck, the passages were only short to trawl through. The writing was simple enough. Had to write a letter to a friend. And then had to discuss the advantages/disadvantages of after school clubs.

heard from ANMAC today. They have completed my assessment. It's now gone to a review which is ANMAC policy. The wording suggests that I've passed. It says if the second reviewr agrees with the first ill receive a LOD in the next 2 weeks.

Debs

Lizzie contact the NMC. They will send it for free.

go on the website and select nursing overseas. You can message them from there asking for your transcript to be sent. You're not allowed to practice as a nurse unless you've done the correct amount of hours and theory, so if you're registered, they've got that info.

oh and it's free.

Debs

From my understanding (may be wrong) i thought was only free if uni unable to provide as they dont have info, ie qualified years ago. From her post it states she will get standard transcript as we all do and quotes £25 for clinical one, that will show hours as needed for ANMAC, thats the same as i paid and was sent within a week of request.............But worth trying to get from NMC if you can x...............When did you qualify Travel as when i rang NMC they told me to get from uni as i qualified a year ago...........dont you just hate when you get told different info grrr xx

The listening and speaking are the same. It's just the reading and writing that's different. The reading was easier. I think the 40 questions were spread over 5 or 6 passages. Staring really easy and getting harder as you go along. I though it was easier because when I was stuck, the passages were only short to trawl through. The writing was simple enough. Had to write a letter to a friend. And then had to discuss the advantages/disadvantages of after school clubs.

heard from ANMAC today. They have completed my assessment. It's now gone to a review which is ANMAC policy. The wording suggests that I've passed. It says if the second reviewr agrees with the first ill receive a LOD in the next 2 weeks.

Debs

Woo hoo well done Travel i think thats pretty safe to say its completed well done...........got about another 4 weeks for completion of mine.......long wait hey x

I qualified 2008. Asked uni and they couldn't find it. Long story short. I started training in 2004 at university of Liverpool but was based in Chester uni. Left to have a baby. Rejoined another cohort, still in Chester uni but in the time that I was off Chester uni had gained university status for nurses. The new cohort were on the new curriculum but as I had originally started with university of Liverpool I had to qualify with them. Confusing. So when all of my new cohort were graduating at Chester cathedral together, I had to go to another and graduation with strangers. This is why my uni found it so hard. I contacted NMC and they sent it, but not long after the uni contacted me to say they'd found it. So both were sent. NMC said they'd sent it. Didn't say they couldn't or wouldn't. The way I see it is I pay them almost £100 a year. It's not much to ask!!!!

When ANMAC contact me to say they've finished with my file, I'll ask them if the transcript sent from NMC was any good and let you know.

Debs

From the sounds of it, the clinical transcript only accounts for my hours in clinical practice. I don't think the clinical transcript will account for my theory hours, as the Uni are saying they don't keep a record of theory hours. I find this hard to believe, as it's a relatively new course and you'd think they'd need a record of this for the course to be approved by the NMC! xx

They received mine on 29/04/13 if that helps to track yours.

Debs

from that date then yours was 15 weeks, mine was received 20th june so mine would be very end of sept grrr feels like ages, was hoping to apply oct time for visa so i suppose not much difference really. Just the fact and reassurance of another box ticked, oh well heres to the continuing of checking my emails daily haha x

It's a conspiracy to stop uk nurses moving overseas lol. That's what my mum thinks anyway. She also thinks that's what's happening when you miss out by half a mark on IELTS. They're preventing good skilled people leaving our country ha ha. Gonna miss that woman when we go. Love ya mum x

Debs

from that date then yours was 15 weeks, mine was received 20th june so mine would be very end of sept grrr feels like ages, was hoping to apply oct time for visa so i suppose not much difference really. Just the fact and reassurance of another box ticked, oh well heres to the continuing of checking my emails daily haha x

I'd just be happy it's in and in a queue if I were you. I've got a feeling that DIAC will be inundated with pr applications soon as a result of the £4000 education charges for the 457 visa holders/applicants.

Debs

I'd just be happy it's in and in a queue if I were you. I've got a feeling that DIAC will be inundated with pr applications soon as a result of the £4000 education charges for the 457 visa holders/applicants.

Debs

i am :biggrin: so long as via applied before im 40 else i lose points.....and bloody hope its in well before as thats next june! but yes i agree on that point but at the moment things seem to be moving quick on the PR via (189/190), what im hoping to go on anyway.......when you hoping to be over there, do you know where?

I'm going on a 190 to WA. Got friends in Perth. As I am going as a single mum and my little boy is only 6 I thought it would be better to go where I will have some support. Not that I need support but I worry about something happening to me and my little fella having no one around to care for him. It was a toss up between that or selling him on ebay and going anywhere In Australia lol. The child won so Perth it is he he.

where are you heading off?

I'm going on a 190 to WA. Got friends in Perth. As I am going as a single mum and my little boy is only 6 I thought it would be better to go where I will have some support. Not that I need support but I worry about something happening to me and my little fella having no one around to care for him. It was a toss up between that or selling him on ebay and going anywhere In Australia lol. The child won so Perth it is he he.

where are you heading off?

Hahahah thats hilarious oh he will love you lol, sounds like a good plan to me for you :biggrin: i havent decided yet to be honest and made harder by never visiting the place ooops. NSW and Perth have appealed more to me from what i have researched, using my dad for info as he has been and know aus well. However will try and get a job prior and if i manage that then that will decide it to be honest. Will be good to have the security of that but im open, just somewhere where more opportunities job wise is available xx

It's a conspiracy to stop uk nurses moving overseas lol. That's what my mum thinks anyway. She also thinks that's what's happening when you miss out by half a mark on IELTS. They're preventing good skilled people leaving our country ha ha. Gonna miss that woman when we go. Love ya mum x

Debs

Haha! Yep I agree - stupid half a mark it must be a conspiracy!!!

I've got my next test booked for October so plenty of time to revise and fingers crossed will get enough for 189 visa! I'll just have to practice and at least I know how it all works for next time.

My transcript request has been sent to NMC last week so could take 30 days to be processed but based on your experiences I'm looking at mid-November before getting by LOD so plenty of time to go!

Ah well, the waiting continues!

Well done Debs! 2 weeks then time for your EOI!! Exciting!!!!

They received mine on 17th Aug. I emailed them many times to track my application but they keep saying it takes at least 16 wks. Very frustrating

Hi guys,

I've been waiting 17 wks tomorrow, paperwork received 19/04/2013!!! I e-mailed them 2 weeks ago for an update, to be told it would take up to 16 weeks...........

• 3 weeks later...
I can always try it... I only graduated in 2011 though (nhs made such a good impression I've only lasted 2 years!!) So I'm not sure they can help as it said up to 2002! Butbit's worth a try I suppose. No one in Plymouth seems to be able to help me! Very frustrating!

Hi Sam

like you i also graduated under Plymouth Uni , 2011 from their Taunton Site . I paid £85 for a totally useless transcript - despite asking they would not do a theory/ clinical skills breakdown which is needed for Anmac and Aphra . They obviously have this info to of registered us when first qualified! they are very unhelpful and i may aswell of throwb that money in the drain! I am now going to ask the NMC for free transcript verification, as per their website and hopefully this will be good enough proof of training. Please let me know how you get around it too ~ we ate obviously in the same boat as far as Plymouth Uni difficulties! Good luck! By the way im sitting my IELTs this month , how much revising do you suggest as a native english speaker?

Archived