getting transcript for anmac

nursesam

Hi Sam

like you i also graduated under Plymouth Uni , 2011 from their Taunton Site . I paid £85 for a totally useless transcript - despite asking they would not do a theory/ clinical skills breakdown which is needed for Anmac and Aphra . They obviously have this info to of registered us when first qualified! they are very unhelpful and i may aswell of throwb that money in the drain! I am now going to ask the NMC for free transcript verification, as per their website and hopefully this will be good enough proof of training. Please let me know how you get around it too ~ we ate obviously in the same boat as far as Plymouth Uni difficulties! Good luck! By the way im sitting my IELTs this month , how much revising do you suggest as a native english speaker?

Yeah I've had so many problems from them - e-mailing different departments and no one was able to help. I ended up getting hold of someone called Gerry who was really sympathetic and passed me on to someone else - Jill Hill... and I didn't get any response. So unhelpful - other universities it seems have been able to provide this easily and sometimes for free!!

I've now requested the transcript from NMC as this should cover the theory and clinical hours. And just to be on the safe side I found on the replacement certificate and awards part of UOP website you can order a syllabus which has details of every module. So I'm just waiting for both now- NMC can take up to 30 days and I've already been waiting 2 weeks and not heard anything.

Where did you do your practical stuff - I did my theory in Plymouth but was based in Yeovil and I'm still there now!

As for the IELTS, I did study a fair bit, I was 0.5 off of getting an 8 on my writing which is annoying and I'm still feeling bitter as I won't have enough points for 189 visa nor 190. I had enough for ANMAC and AHPRA though so I've submitted my skills assessment and will submit my registration at the end of the month once I'm organised with it all. I'm taking the general IELTS at the end of October so hopefully I'll get enough points for PR visa. If not, we can go in on a sponsored one as my in-laws are there but we won't be entitled to medicare and other things so we would prefer a PR visa to save hassle!

So I would recommend study as much as possible and concentrate - it's easy to let your mind drift particularly on the listening test. Oh and try not to finish nights the day before (that's what happened to me and I was knackered!)

Where in Oz you moving to and when you hoping to go??

Yeah I've had so many problems from them - e-mailing different departments and no one was able to help. I ended up getting hold of someone called Gerry who was really sympathetic and passed me on to someone else - Jill Hill... and I didn't get any response. So unhelpful - other universities it seems have been able to provide this easily and sometimes for free!!

I've now requested the transcript from NMC as this should cover the theory and clinical hours. And just to be on the safe side I found on the replacement certificate and awards part of UOP website you can order a syllabus which has details of every module. So I'm just waiting for both now- NMC can take up to 30 days and I've already been waiting 2 weeks and not heard anything.

Where did you do your practical stuff - I did my theory in Plymouth but was based in Yeovil and I'm still there now!

As for the IELTS, I did study a fair bit, I was 0.5 off of getting an 8 on my writing which is annoying and I'm still feeling bitter as I won't have enough points for 189 visa nor 190. I had enough for ANMAC and AHPRA though so I've submitted my skills assessment and will submit my registration at the end of the month once I'm organised with it all. I'm taking the general IELTS at the end of October so hopefully I'll get enough points for PR visa. If not, we can go in on a sponsored one as my in-laws are there but we won't be entitled to medicare and other things so we would prefer a PR visa to save hassle!

So I would recommend study as much as possible and concentrate - it's easy to let your mind drift particularly on the listening test. Oh and try not to finish nights the day before (that's what happened to me and I was knackered!)

hi sam sorry for late reply have been on nights , yes thats the same lady who wouldnt do it right for me , im nowhere near the point where you are, im only just booked on academic ielts for 21st this month and am finding it hard to prepare whilst on diff shifts!! im too tired! so well done you being so far along already. Thank god for the NMC to help with the proof of hours . i also need the extra points so need all 8s. i had my theory in taunton , and work at taunton in icu for last 6 months and surgery before that. what area are you working in ? we want to go to adelaide - hopefully by april! where are you heading ?

Ask ANMAC to send your docs onto APHRA. Saves you having to pay twice for certification. Once your assessment is complete, just e-mail them with the address of the APHRA office you want them sending to. They send them once a week on a fri. I have done that. When I sent my application form off to APHRA I only had to include a cv.

Debs

is there a ' general registered nurse' anmac code , or do you have to pick where your currently working . Im only 2 yrs post reg, 18 months surgical , 6 months itu critical care , im not claiming points for experience as im under the 3 yrs threshold , so not sure what i would need to code myself as ? can anyone help?

also if your not claiming for points , is it correct you do not need a work reference for anmac?

Toodolou, even though you are not claiming points, you are still having your skill assessed. They can't assess your skills without info of your work history. I would put whatever you do now as you will need to give them a letter from your manager explaining what your job role. I couldn't decide whether my role came under medical or surgical. I am classed as medical but its acute and in a theatre setting. I contacted ANMAC and they advised me. Just contact them if your unsure. Be aware if you are using a generic code. I wasn't allowed to use it as they won't accept it for SS in WA. I only get bespoke student nurses because my environment, although medical, doesn't give a student a good learning opportunity in a true medical setting. It's more surgical. Confusing!!!!

Some people say that ANMAC aren't very helpful and get annoyed if you contact them. That wasn't my experience at all. I found them helpful.

Debs

Archived