Metal machinist migration information needed please.

blake2312

hey all, I really want to work abroad in Australia but do not have a clue where to start or where to go. I am completely starting fresh and need to know what I need to do and where to look for sponsorships. I have just completed a 3 Year apprenticeship as a CNC miller setter/operator. I have a BTEC national diploma level 3 double grade PASS PASS and also I have a NVQ level 3 in cnc milling setting/operating. along with key skills level 2 in maths english and I.T, and a advanced apprenticeship completion certificate. been working for 3 years love what i do and want to up and leave for a good experiance and maybe make it permanent. any information will be helpfull like what i need to get started, where to look, whats the first thing i should do, how easy it is, how long it is. thanks guys your help will really help me out.

ps i think the call my job in australia a 1st class metal machinist. thanks :) blake

Hi my hubby is going to Australia as metal machinist. Just got successful outcome on tra skills assessment. It's no sols list so we are about to apply for 189 visa.

So long as you have at least 3 years of work experience after you finished your qualifications and you have employers references, pay slips and statutory declaration on jobs tools etc that you use to prove it.

I just completed my apprenticeship 4 months ago and have been working for 3 years, does that mean i have to wait like 2 years 8months? And is your husband finding it hard to find a job or is he got a sponsership? Thanks for the reply :)

we got told that he had to have 3 years after qualification before applying for skills assessment. So would mean that you would have to wait unfortunately but you could always speak to an agent regarding this??? They would be able to tell you if you are able to apply for it or not.

Regarding a job etc - he knows a couple of ppl already working in Australia who will pass on his C.V and also we are with an agent who advised that they would be able to find him a job (not holding my breathe on that one tho)

we are not moving over till he has a job as we have two little girls and need security beforehand.

Good luck tho

we got told that he had to have 3 years after qualification before applying for skills assessment. So would mean that you would have to wait unfortunately but you could always speak to an agent regarding this??? They would be able to tell you if you are able to apply for it or not.

Regarding a job etc - he knows a couple of ppl already working in Australia who will pass on his C.V and also we are with an agent who advised that they would be able to find him a job (not holding my breathe on that one tho)

we are not moving over till he has a job as we have two little girls and need security beforehand.

Good luck tho

Ohh ok thank you could i ask your agency name? Worth loooking in to

First two things to do are to see if you can pass a points test and then, more difficult, look to see if you can pass skills assessment, that is usually the hard part. Based on what previous poster said, you won't be able to just yet, however no harm in checking that independently, it is always possible that Shearer was misinformed.

Yes, at first glance the migration skills assessment is the main hurdle to be cleared.

The details here might help you progress your understanding:

http://www.immi.gov.au/asri/occupations/m/metal-machinist-first-class.htm

If a general skilled migration (GSM) visa isn't an option and you are aged under 31, maybe a Working Holiday Visa as a means of getting you to Australia is worth a look, with a view to seeking out an employer sponsorship? Higher risk than a GSM pathway, but might be an alternative?

Best regards.

• 2 years later...
Hi my hubby is going to Australia as metal machinist. Just got successful outcome on tra skills assessment. It's no sols list so we are about to apply for 189 visa.

So long as you have at least 3 years of work experience after you finished your qualifications and you have employers references, pay slips and statutory declaration on jobs tools etc that you use to prove it.

I have 3 years diploma in mechnaical technology after 10 years education from pakistan could i get positive asesement from TRA in metal machinist

Archived