Aged parent visa

Trudyandandrew

The non contributory parent visas take a long time to process, maybe 10 or 15 years or so. If you are over 65 you can apply for the aged person onshore however you need a visa to get onshore first and there are risks doing this with a tourist visa.

Guest Guest26110
The non contributory parent visas take a long time to process, maybe 10 or 15 years or so. If you are over 65 you can apply for the aged person onshore however you need a visa to get onshore first and there are risks doing this with a tourist visa.

Hi can you tell me what the risks are regarding coming on a tourist visa, as my parents are planning on doing this.?

Hi can you tell me what the risks are regarding coming on a tourist visa, as my parents are planning on doing this.?

If they are coming for a holiday there is no risk. If they are coming with any other intention, the risk is that immigration officers do not believe tey are genuine tourists and send them back.

Schedule 8 condition 8503 and there are other possible complications.

I most strongly advise people who intent to visit and apply onshore to consult a registered migration agent about strategy.

Edited by wrussell

• 1 month later...
Guest Guest70948

I'm looking into this process too for my parents who would like to extend a trip to Aus next year to be with me when I have my baby. They are applying for the Visitor Visa - Tourist stream (subclass 600) which asks you to tick the required period in Aus 3, 6 or 12 months with a section to explain reason for visit.

Although my parents are not in a position to migrate to Aus, they would like the option of being able to extend their stay from time -time and can apply for the Visitor Visa - Family Sponsored stream when my Sister and I have our PR which also allows them to stay for up to 12 months at a time - we may be asked to provide a bond of 5-15k though & unsure how many times they can use this visa.

There was a visa last year subclass 676 that allowed parents of children with PR to stay for up to 3 years without having to apply for a parent visa, unsure if there is anything similar still available, it would be great if there is! I think if you do migrate on an aged parent visa you have to wait years before being entitled to any state benefits.

• 3 years later...