Can I do business in Australia?

axestud

Hello friends,

First of all thank you all of members and the forum admin to help newbies like me and sharing experience.

I am currently on dependent visa. My wife is holding student visa (573) for master degree.

My query,

1) Can I do business in Australia? If yes, how can I do that?

2) Do I need to apply for work visa again to remove the work limitation condition 8104? If yes, how to do that?

3) Can I able to apply for PR right now? Is there any option I can use to get PR? Or any other kind or class of visa?

Thanks in advacne

Guest The Pom Queen

I can't help with your questions I'm sorry, but wanted to say hi and welcome to the forum.

When you say "Do business" do you mean work for someone or be self employer (work for yourself)

Guest The Pom Queen

Just looked axestud and it says you can for 20 hours per week if I am reading it right

You cannot work more than 40 hours per fortnight*

Note: You must not start work until the primary student visa holder has commenced their course.

Exceptions: Family members of the following students can work unlimited hours once the primary student visa holder has commenced their course:

Students studying a masters by coursework degree (subclass 573)

Students studying a masters by research degree or doctorate (subclass 574)

Students sponsored by AusAID or Defence and studying a masters by coursework degree, masters by research degree or doctorate (subclass 576).

*A fortnight begins on any Monday and ends on the second following Sunday.

So I don't see any reason why you can't work for yourself as long as you don't work over 20hrs

Hello friends,

First of all thank you all of members and the forum admin to help newbies like me and sharing experience.

I am currently on dependent visa. My wife is holding student visa (573) for master degree.

My query,

2) Do I need to apply for work visa again to remove the work limitation condition 8104? If yes, how to do that?

3) Can I able to apply for PR right now? Is there any option I can use to get PR? Or any other kind or class of visa?

Thanks in advacne

You're probably on 574, once the course has commenced, you have right to work unlimited hrs.

http://www.immi.gov.au/students/_pdf/2011-flexible-work-conditions.pdf

I was on 573 and my husband was my dependent on 574, he was legally working full time in a company.

Hello friends,

My query,

Thanks in advacne

From what you have posted, it appears that you have been misinformed about the operation of condition 8104.

To answer your questions:

1. Yes you can. If you do not know how, I suggest that you consult an accountant.

2. No

3. May I suggest that you consult a registered migration agent for an assessment for advice about strategy?

Archived