The Student thread

annagilda

9000 words is not much!?!?!?!! hahaha! It's a fair chunk anyway! I had a 12000 on my access, but that ha been blocked from my memory. I think our dissy next year is about 6k or something somewhat sensible like that.

I should be writing an assignment now, but I just can't get into it tonight. :/

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest guest30085

Hey Jac, that's still a lot of words in about 3 weeks :o

Best of luck, I'm sure you'll do just fine x

• 1 month later...

Well, got my maths score back today. Assignment 1 was 80%, assignment 2 was 60% (I knew these anyway). Assignment 3 was a bloody amazing 96%! 3 questions and I didn't miss a single mark on Q2. Teacher said he thinks my score was top. Gives me an overall score of 80% for the year.

Well I'm blown away! Maths is (or at least wasn't) my strong point, I was 'ok' at it but that's all. I think thanks to a great teacher and a big of google help I aced it.

Still waiting on the rest of the marks (that's the only one confirmed for the year) but I'm hoping I do ok on the other modules. :-)

How is everyone else doing?

That's brill, you should be proud. Fancy being my maths teacher lol. I'm still wanting on my first mark :dull: still haven't started second assignment yet, looks horrible but need to get it out the way. Then it's English and then biology. I'm liking the look of my biology, psychology and health units

That's brill, you should be proud. Fancy being my maths teacher lol. I'm still wanting on my first mark :dull: still haven't started second assignment yet, looks horrible but need to get it out the way. Then it's English and then biology. I'm liking the look of my biology, psychology and health units

Thx Hun. I'm pretty proud right now. [emoji4]

Haha, I'll help out if I can, we did a range of stuff (most of what I've forgotten probably) but I'll try. :-D

When are you expecting your first result?

Biology is apparently not my strong point and psychology I did 3 years ago but if you think I might be able to help ask away.

She said it probably won't be till next week.. I'm not very happy that it's been taking so long lol. Thanks very much, I'll end up pestering people for help x

It's no bother. We've all been in your shoes. I took help wherever I could so if I can help someone out then that's good, then you'll help someone, that person will help someone else and hopefully this world will be a little more knowledgable and people will be being nice to each other. :-)

I hate waiting for results, I hope she sticks to her word.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I have my final mark so I'm guessing that's my first yr officially done.

I did 6 modules and, on my workings out, I have a 1st, 2:1 x3 and 2:2 x2. I have no idea what that makes my overall score for the yr but I'm happy with that. :-)

How has everyone else done?

I get my dissertation results back next Tuesday. I need 51% to achieve a 2:1. No chance of a First at this stage due to 2nd year results but I am happy with that, my mum was very ill and I was having tests for a genetic heart condition that could have potentially meant a 1 in 2 chance of me giving it the children which affected all my assignments. So I am immensely proud of a 2:1 as I had given up on that at the start of the year. 5 weeks worth of placement and then ladies and gents, I will be leaving this thread and will be qualified (scary). I also found out on Monday on my induction day at my new job that one of the wards I will potentially be on, will be ran by just 1 (me) qualified nurse and 6 HCAs. This could be as soon as I have been signed off at dispensing meds!!! OMG

I'm on my second assignment now which I'm hoping will go better now that I know where I went wrong last time. Hoping to get a merit. I'm just waiting on my new laptop charger coming in the post which will hopefully fix my computer *fingers crossed*. Otherwise need to buy a new computer!

I get my dissertation results back next Tuesday. I need 51% to achieve a 2:1. No chance of a First at this stage due to 2nd year results but I am happy with that, my mum was very ill and I was having tests for a genetic heart condition that could have potentially meant a 1 in 2 chance of me giving it the children which affected all my assignments. So I am immensely proud of a 2:1 as I had given up on that at the start of the year. 5 weeks worth of placement and then ladies and gents, I will be leaving this thread and will be qualified (scary). I also found out on Monday on my induction day at my new job that one of the wards I will potentially be on, will be ran by just 1 (me) qualified nurse and 6 HCAs. This could be as soon as I have been signed off at dispensing meds!!! OMG

Wow! Well done Jac!

How brilliant but scary about your new job! How are you feeling about being the only RN on the ward at times? I guess it's pressure, but got to be great for the confidence levels too.

I'm on my second assignment now which I'm hoping will go better now that I know where I went wrong last time. Hoping to get a merit. I'm just waiting on my new laptop charger coming in the post which will hopefully fix my computer *fingers crossed*. Otherwise need to buy a new computer!

Good luck! For both the assignment and the new charger doing the job.

What have you got to do for this assignment?

Good luck! For both the assignment and the new charger doing the job.

What have you got to do for this assignment?

I'll scream if the charger doesn't work, it'll be £16 wasted and then I'll need to spend hundreds :cry:

This assignment is nutrition and the digestive system so I've got to write about that. I've got till the 25th to do it unless I ask for a extension. Hopefully won't need one

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well I decided to stay at my current uni, I'd lose way to much money starting again somewhere else.

Looks like some big changes have been made and the staff seem more positive already so for the first time in almost a yr I'm looking forward to yr 2 rather then dreading it. :-)

I also got 65% overall for yr1, need to work a little harder in yr2 to get a 1st but given what was going on in yr1 I kinda lost interest at the end. I won't let that happen this year! Bring it on! :-D

well i decided to stay at my current uni, i'd lose way to much money starting again somewhere else.

Looks like some big changes have been made and the staff seem more positive already so for the first time in almost a yr i'm looking forward to yr 2 rather then dreading it. :-)

i also got 65% overall for yr1, need to work a little harder in yr2 to get a 1st but given what was going on in yr1 i kinda lost interest at the end. I won't let that happen this year! Bring it on! :-d

wooohooo!!!

X

• 1 month later...
Guest littlesarah

Congratulations! Hope all goes well for you & bubba. My rainbow is a March baby. :wub: You'll get there with your degree, & it'll be worth it when you're doing 'chip & clip' at Australian rates! :wink: