a little hepl please !

tiffany

Hello, after many years of talking about it we have decided it's time to take the plunge !!

Where do we start ?? how do you go about finding a sponsered work place any help would be much appreciated,

we currently live in Tenerife :smile: thanks guys

Guest scrumpy

I would start by riniging a few migration agents, most will be very helpfull. just dont be pushed to sign up and part with money,

Im sure you will get loads of great advice from here,

Good luck, tis a bit of a slog ;)

Don't rush into anything as you won't get your visa any quicker. If you use an agent then make sure they are MARA registered and still make sure you research them. Read lots of threads on here and other forums, then read them all again!

Good luck

Hello, after many years of talking about it we have decided it's time to take the plunge !!

Where do we start ?? how do you go about finding a sponsered work place any help would be much appreciated,

For good advice, you need to give us a bit more to go on, like what are your occupations?

The sponsored route is quite difficult for most people not in a few select occupations, it isn't what I would be thinking about first.

thanks guys ok more info

my partner is qualified as an electronics engineer has been fixing domestic appliances and re-fridgeration for the past 8 years

I am a beauty/nail/massage therapist I also teach this subject.

we have 3 children 17,8 and 6.

we also have 2 little dogs :)

Guest littlesarah

The Department of Immigration and Citizenship website (http://www.immi.gov.au) has a 'visa wizard', into which you can put some details to see what type of visa you'd be eligible for. That could be a place to start.

I agree with Rupert, sponsorship can work well for some people (my employer uses 457 visas to get people here quickly, and then encourages and assists them to get a permanent visa; but not all employers are as desperate for appropriately-trained people). But you have to bear in mind that employer sponsorship visas are often temporary, which can be great for some, but not so much for people who really want to come here on a permanent basis. Make sure you get your head around the entitlements of the visas for which you may be eligible, before making any big decisions.

In terms of what it's like to live here, if you haven't visited Australia much already, have a browse through the various threads on here to get a feel for it; though don't forget there are always two sides (at least) to a story!

Good luck.

thanks guys ok more info

my partner is qualified as an electronics engineer has been fixing domestic appliances and re-fridgeration for the past 8 years

I am a beauty/nail/massage therapist I also teach this subject.

we have 3 children 17,8 and 6.

we also have 2 little dogs :)

Number of children and dogs was not really the information I was thinking of, as it not relevant to whether you can get a visa. :wink:

So you are probably not going to be able to get a visa in your name, but OHs looks like it could be promising. Have you checked to see if his occupation is on the SOL or CSOL (find it by doing a search on here www.immi.gov.au).. Also how old is he? Does he have formal qualifications?

What's making you want to move from Tenerife? Or do you have to?

What's making you want to move from Tenerife? Or do you have to?

we moved to Tenerife to see if we could make a move away from family and friends before we moved so far away, it was a way of seeing if we could really leave them all behind !

We like here but it's never been the dream !

My partner is qualified in electronics and IT and I'm also qualified as a hairdresser although I don't do it as a job anymore!

my partner is 34

also I did the test we were eligible for 3 types if visa form Australian gov site so I take it that's good ???

thanks for your replies guys you are really helpful it's much appreciated we have a forum here and they are awful to people :)

During the time you have been thinking about it, the cost of the visa application charge has increased and has been changed from per application to per person. At current rates, you can expect to pay $6885 to the immigration department and you pould expect your budget to be twice that, plus travel and settlement costs. May I suggest that you consult a registered migration agent for an assessment of your visa prospects?