Anyone done IELTS recently?

Kezzles

Again, can people do that? I'd love to ask for the recording, because I'm having my speaking module remarked.

This was the response I got today when requesting the recording from the listening test.

Dear Donavan,

Thank you for your enquiry.

We cannot supply a recording of your speaking test. This is due to the secure nature of the IELTS test.

For further assistance, please contact the test centre where you originally took the test.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Ascended Alteran I did the test on saturday in Dublin. IIRC the garden was at the site of an old volcano and the students could go to Summer school to do study skills. That's what I put anyway could be wrong but I think I was correct!!!!!!!

Carmel

OMG, you guys still remember the questions and answers?

This was the response I got today when requesting the recording from the listening test.

Dear Donavan,

Thank you for your enquiry.

We cannot supply a recording of your speaking test. This is due to the secure nature of the IELTS test.

For further assistance, please contact the test centre where you originally took the test.

Probably just as well you would be mortified listening back to ahem... Explaining that advert lol!!

Hi Ascended Alteran I did the test on saturday in Dublin. IIRC the garden was at the site of an old volcano and the students could go to Summer school to do study skills. That's what I put anyway could be wrong but I think I was correct!!!!!!!

Carmel

Thanks mate. Guess I got one of them wrong as I wrote Management skills (a pure guess as I didn't hear what the narrator said before "skills").

Had my speaking part this morning! It went really quickly! It was based around music and technology so I was able to babble on for long enough. The examiner really unnerved me though as she didn't really make much I contact and when I was speaking she looked towards my right ear! Wish we got the results starlight away!!!

Edited by Niinstalls

Had my speaking part this morning! It went really quickly! It was based around music and technology so I was able to babble on for long enough. The examiner really unnerved me though as she didn't really make much I contact and when I was speaking she looked towards my right ear! Wish we got the results starlight away!!!

ha ha you must have an interesting right ear!! Good luck!

You're probably barred anyway! If you see this perv don't let him in lol!!

Hahahaha! I will go to Mexico to do em if I have too!

who marks the speaking? The person who does the interview or do they take the recording and assess it afterwards? If its the person who interviews, I am gonna get 10/9. She loved it!

Hahahaha! I will go to Mexico to do em if I have too!

who marks the speaking? The person who does the interview or do they take the recording and assess it afterwards? If its the person who interviews, I am gonna get 10/9. She loved it!

i hope it's the person who was there he seemed to like me and I bet my recording sounded naff afterwards! Though I slagged off Australia not having a history and Londoners being rude so not holding my breath!!

Londoners are rude! quite unbelievable sometimes actually. Great place to have fun though

The next 2 weeks are going to drag waiting for that letter. Didn't think a poxy little test would end up causing this much stress!

I know it's funny I felt super stressed in the run up to it but had urge to keep laughing when I was there! Just hope I don't have to resit can you imagine aghhhh!!!

I know it's funny I felt super stressed in the run up to it but had urge to keep laughing when I was there! Just hope I don't have to resit can you imagine aghhhh!!!

I know! Such a crap day! The waiting and the rude staff! There was 69 people doing the test so everything was very slow

I need to get 8 in all 4 so preparing just in case! It's ok though, I have 5 more weeks for skills assessment to be done so have time to redo it if need be

OMG, you guys still remember the questions and answers?

Lol -- I couldn't remember the middle part of the test til Ascended Alteran set it out and then it all came flooding back like a very bad nightmare and I remembered those questions!! Sad yep!!!!!!

There was one question about the dolphins at the end SOMETHING???? pattern and I wrote breeding but have no idea whether it was breeding as I guessed it - if anyone does remember put me out of my misery!!!

Carmel

Lol -- I couldn't remember the middle part of the test til Ascended Alteran set it out and then it all came flooding back like a very bad nightmare and I remembered those questions!! Sad yep!!!!!!

There was one question about the dolphins at the end SOMETHING???? pattern and I wrote breeding but have no idea whether it was breeding as I guessed it - if anyone does remember put me out of my misery!!!

Carmel

Ha ha I can't remember though I said one answer in dolphin bit was 'estimated' ????

Thanks Guys.

I'm sitting mine on the 17th of August so just looking about for the best ways to revise?

Hey froggles

reading is all about technique! I actually found that reading the question then looking for answer was easier than reading passage then the question! Look at paragraphs and get a feel what each one is saying the key messages.

listening do some practice using audio it will help you get used to concentrating the last section is harder than first bits..

writing just remember start middle end! Start is paraphrasing question middle covers what you said you were going to talk about and end you just summarise what you said. Look through past topics to get a feel of the subjects that come up.

speaking test is quite funny if your are a native speaker just relax look at past topics they are not tested your knowledge of subject it's all about fluency and confidence etc.

google ielts Simon it's a useful website!

I get my results on 9th so hoping all of the above advice has helped!!!

Hi thanks for the advise there really appreciate it! Ah good luck with the results.... what do you need to get ?

I will get stuck into some revision over the next few days so will definitely check out the link. I think I've got enough points without IELTS but it would be nice to get extra just in case my skills assessment gets confusing.

Hi thanks for the advise there really appreciate it! Ah good luck with the results.... what do you need to get ?

I will get stuck into some revision over the next few days so will definitely check out the link. I think I've got enough points without IELTS but it would be nice to get extra just in case my skills assessment gets confusing.

and don't take advice from dondanell ha ha check out his comments, hilarious!!!

i need 7 across all 4 though would feel happier with 8's like you in case skills don't give me maximum points! What skills assessment have you applied to?