189 Visa invite received today! When do we pay?

Hi guys! We have just got our invite and want to accept, obviously! But when we pay? When we accept or when we lodge the visa? We have no idea of the order we can expect things to happen in! Any experiences would be really helpful! Thanks in advance! :)

Yes - some people front load medicals and police checks, but its better to wait until a CO request medicals and police checks, as you will have CO contact details to get in touch if there are any delays. And gives you maximum time to validate your visas, as they are only valid for 12 months from the earliest date of medicals or PCC.

People that front load medicals and police checks end up in limbo if application is taking a while to process if CO has not been in touch to request them.

Congrats, we are waiting on an invite. I am right I presume that if we haven't got an email by now then we haven't made it this round does anyone know? Save me being up all night checking the email account. I am assumin maybe all invites go at midnight oz time so would have got it by now.....

Hi, wow congratulations. Did you get an email or did you have to check you skillselect account to find out. I am desperately waiting to hear but I am now doubtful. I applied though on 25th June for 189. I have 60 points. Can I ask how many points you have Bimbobread? Do you think that they still might be doing anymore invites today or tomorrow? Has anyone heard if that is normal?

I'm not too sure how many invites they send out and if its an all day thing but we received an email at 3.17pm this afternoon so 12.17pm their time!! We were planning on checking skillselect before bed as usual! I have 65 points for the 189 visa and I'm a secondary school teacher. Can't wait to lodge the visa just have to wait to get paid!! More waiting! Haha x ps job luck guys!

Hi lebourvellec,

My panel Doc has already submitted my wife's(main applicant) and mine(secondary) medical to immi. I received mail from CO that he didn't receive my medical so I attached the receipt on 3 June 2013 . I asked him about my medicals on 19 June, as I wanted to see if he received or not, then he said that " I have been advised your medical is going under assessment at Global Health".

If I'm not wrong for Visa 190 they have to give you answer within 5 weeks unlike 189. So can it take longer because of medicals?

I had jaundice in 2007 and it has been cured. I went to Aus as student in 2008. How much time it's going to take ? or is it going to be a problem for me ?

Regards,

Shugah

Ah wow we were lucky then! We have had a look at our invitation letter and we going to apply this week but we haven't got an agent. I think we fill in the online visa application and then pay... but do we wait for a Co until we upload our documents or can we do that straight away? It seems very confusing with all the different file names! I wish we had an agent to advise us!! Good luck everyone! :)

Hi Ranjith47

So gutted I am having to wait till the next round. Never mind. Did you read some information about only 65 points and above got invites and that us on 60 points will get invited next round? I hope that I am invited.

Hi Ranjith47

So gutted I am having to wait till the next round. Never mind. Did you read some information about only 65 points and above got invites and that us on 60 points will get invited next round? I hope that I am invited.

Edzi,

What I have put in was not official information but from my calculations of how the system has been working for the past 1 year.

All applicants in 189 who've applied for visas through skillselect with 60 points have been issued an Invitation before 1st July 2013. So, I would calculate that there was a lot of applicants for the occupations which hit the ceiling last year and they were on the system already and a lot of them apparently had 65+ points.

Now, Since most of them must have now got invites, the department would now start issuing Invitations for applicants with 60 points.

You would most probably get an Invitation in the second round of the month or on the 1st round next month for sure.

Whatever it is, stay chill. Things will work well for you pretty soon.

Archived