Please help me to get out of this atrocious house

ghostgirl

So I'm in temporary accommodation at the moment, and unfortunately I have to share a room. The girl I'm sharing with is really nice so whatever I say is NOTHING to do with her, or my other housemates. I just absolutely despise sharing a house, never mind a bedroom :(

I'm aiming to get a job near Darling Harbour, I don't mind travelling to work, anyone have any good ideas where I should be aiming to look? I'm in Marrickville at the moment. I'm so miserable sharing a room!! I rarely get stressed about things but this is pushing me to the limit & I've only been in this house for about 2 weeks. I'm so desperate to leave that I'm gonna forfeit my deposit!!

So why did you agree to share in the first place???????

Because I've never been here before so I don't know any good areas, and this is the only way I could possibly avoid a hostel until I found my own room somewhere. I knew it would irritate me sharing a room, but not this much. The poor girl I'm sharing with does nothing wrong, I just hate being around people when I'm trying to read/relax.

Some hostels have single rooms if you need to get out quickly.

Really?! I didn't know that I thought they were all dorms! I might as well stay here until I get my own room, as unbearable as it is it could be worse, like living with thieves!

I'm pretty sure I've heard that the Sydney youth hostel not only has private rooms, but en suite rooms as well. It's got a reputation as one of the best - or that's what I have heard anyway, may be out of date now though!

I'm pretty sure I've heard that the Sydney youth hostel not only has private rooms, but en suite rooms as well. It's got a reputation as one of the best - or that's what I have heard anyway, may be out of date now though!

I think those rooms are like $100 a night, mainly aimed at couples. I'm on easyroomate.com but just have no idea what areas to look in.

Really?! I didn't know that I thought they were all dorms! I might as well stay here until I get my own room, as unbearable as it is it could be worse, like living with thieves!

You were desperate about 8 posts ago!

You were desperate about 8 posts ago!

I am desperate to leave, but can't see the point in moving to another hostel, I might as well suffer here until I find a room in an apartment or something. I just don't know what areas to look in, hence this thread.

I don't know Sydney so can't help, but I think you asked the wrong question. You should have just asked for recommendations for good areas to live in Sydney and kept quiet about the reason why you want to move. Some people seem a bit too focused on the why you want to move rather than good places to move to.

I had to share a room in my first year at Uni. It's not an experience I would want to repeat and I had a great room mate.

Try searching the forum (and the partner one - link at the bottom). Questions about areas to live come up regularly so there is bound to be some helpful information around. I hope you can get yourself sorted soon.

I don't know Sydney so can't help, but I think you asked the wrong question. You should have just asked for recommendations for good areas to live in Sydney and kept quiet about the reason why you want to move. Some people seem a bit too focused on the why you want to move rather than good places to move to.

I had to share a room in my first year at Uni. It's not an experience I would want to repeat and I had a great room mate.

Try searching the forum (and the partner one - link at the bottom). Questions about areas to live come up regularly so there is bound to be some helpful information around. I hope you can get yourself sorted soon.

Yeah I think you are right but I find it very odd, sometimes I think people on this site love to have little digs at people. I mean I could not be here in Sydney at all if I hadn't moved into this house first, I understand that but I also know its not forever. Knowing that does not make it anymore pleasant.

Yeah I think you are right but I find it very odd, sometimes I think people on this site love to have little digs at people. I mean I could not be here in Sydney at all if I hadn't moved into this house first, I understand that but I also know its not forever. Knowing that does not make it anymore pleasant.

Yes there is a fair few on here who have never made a mistake in their lives to listen to them

I am desperate to leave, but can't see the point in moving to another hostel, I might as well suffer here until I find a room in an apartment or something. I just don't know what areas to look in, hence this thread.

A few of my work colleagues love it in marrickville, however you are asking for areas, but maybe the best way to go is put into websites your price range and see what comes up. It's ok to suggest nice areas, but they might not be affordable for you?! Good luck!

I knew before I moved in here that I would hate it but I didn't have much choice! I mean who in their right mind would agree to a 6 month tenancy in a place without viewing it first? Which clearly I couldn't do since I was on the other side of the world.

I also fully understand & accept that it is my own odd nature that makes it difficult for me to live with/be near other humans haha

A few of my work colleagues love it in marrickville, however you are asking for areas, but maybe the best way to go is put into websites your price range and see what comes up. It's ok to suggest nice areas, but they might not be affordable for you?! Good luck!

Theres not much wrong with Marrickville, I live very close to Newtown which is ace! Just don't like this house :( at the minute I pay $150 a week but could afford $300.

Maybe check out erkinsville, I always thought of u as a Newtown girl from your previous posts, my aunty works in Newtown and livesin erkinsville so just walks to work.

Yea Newtown is great, I walk to the station & just hop on the train to Town Hall to get to Darling Harbour so my current location isn't tooooo bad! Thanks I will check it out :)

Try 55 yurong street. Its very central (on the edge of hyde park) and has single rooms available. If you would like to know more, here is their website :

http://www.55yurongstreet.com/

Prices for single bedroom are a little out of your range currently 350 a week, however if you are staying for a longer period (website says 3mths and over, but after 1 month i got the discount) they bring down the price to $330.00 a wk.

Archived