How long do we have to wait?

Bod

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still waiting for CO to get in touch. Its has been 5 months since acknowledgement on 5 September!!!!! the letter did say they would be in touch within 4/5 months - but looking at lastest processing times I suspect it will be longer. More waiting. Est x :cry:

Sorry I forgot you Hayley!

I have a feeling there are going to be some celebrating Poms on this site soon! :lol:

Est, we hit 5 mths on the 11th of Sept. I never thought I'd still be waiting for it in Sept! When the sprogs go back to sch all I'm gunna hear from the Mums is, "got your visa yet?" NIGHTMARE! :x

I was having a look on BE (the darker side) :wink: and two families have got their visa this week! One family were MAY applications and with the exact same visa we're after and with the exact same occupation! How does that happen? :? I don't begrudge them their visa...

I JUST WANT MINE TOO! :twisted:

Know just how you feel, sparky, cal and I were waiting for visa's last month, it was really annoying hearing of people who'd got them before us and had applied after we had.

Hang in there ...... Your time is nigh!!!!

Guest choobs
Know just how you feel, sparky, cal and I were waiting for visa's last month, it was really annoying hearing of people who'd got them before us and had applied after we had.

Hang in there ...... Your time is nigh!!!!

Yeah, all our stuff is in and has been with the case officer for a fortnight, but Centrelink asked our sponsor to produce a tax return for 2005-2006 so he had to send off his books to get that. Normally takes a couple of weeks, so expecting him to be back into Centrelink this week. Can't be long now, surely :)

Choobs

Guest jordan

Yeah, all our stuff is in and has been with the case officer for a fortnight, but Centrelink asked our sponsor to produce a tax return for 2005-2006 so he had to send off his books to get that. Normally takes a couple of weeks, so expecting him to be back into Centrelink this week. Can't be long now, surely :)

Choobs

Hi Choobs just read your Migration Blog thoroughly enjoyed it. I noticed you used Crown Removal that is who we will be using. It looks like we are going to have to put our stuff in storage as there is no sign of our visa and house is sold. Just weren’t sure how expensive it was and how they go about billing you.

Stacey xx

Guest Gollywobbler

[quote name="choobs

Yeah' date=' all our stuff is in and has been with the case officer for a fortnight, but Centrelink asked our sponsor to produce a tax return for 2005-2006 so he had to send off his books to get that. Normally takes a couple of weeks, so expecting him to be back into Centrelink this week. Can't be long now, surely :)

Choobs

Hi Choobs

This is intriguing, because what Centrelink have told your Assurer directly contradicts what that have told my sister and I, independently of each other, on two separate occasions in the last 4 weeks.

Sister & Hubby are self-employed and will be giving a joint AoS to my mother. There is no legal requirement for them to submit their tax-return before October/November. Therefore are theuy required to produce their 2005/6 TAN, thus biting the bullet on paying income tax earlier than they would otherwise have to in order to get it?

Each of us was told "Categorically not." Centrelink does not have the power to override the tax legislation. Therefore, we have each been told, what they require is the last two *available* TANs, plus a trial P&L account from their accountant for 2005/6. Centrelink has absolutely no legal power to require them to pay their tax earlier than normal this year.

I believe that the explanation we have been given stacks up, and God help them if they try to renege on it at the Centrelink interview on 31st August. What I am discovering with all of these Aussie bureaucrats so far (with the sole exception of DIMA) is that if the staff-member does not know the answer to one's question, they are too lazy to go and get a reliable answer. Instead, they take a wild guess, and their guesses are frequently wrong. Which makes these bloody people moving targets and means that one ends up checking every word they utter against the legislation & policy itself, because the staff simply cannot be trusted to provide legally accurate anwers.

Which, frankly, is doing my head in with this Centrelink crowd. I am rapidly running out of patience with them because they change their story every two minutes and it is a miracle if you hear the same story from them twice in a row. I trust they they consider themselves warned about this one. :evil:

Cheers

Gill

Guest Gollywobbler
Who else is expecting their visa any day now?

Daisydeeds and Choobs, Lesley, Anita, Stacey, Est...

Anyone else?

Just being nosey! :D

Yep! You've left my Mum off your list...!!!!!

Love

Gill :)

Opps, sorry Gill! I thought your Mum had her visa already! Well if you can't get them to buck their ideas up no one can! :lol:

Who else is expecting their visa any day now?

Daisydeeds and Choobs, Lesley, Anita, Stacey, Est...

Anyone else?

Just being nosey!

Hi Beki, I wish we were near to getting our visa but we haven't even got a case officer yet and still don't quite know when to go and have our meds. We were thinking of October but with the processing dates not moving very much and with what Gill was saying about the photo's being scanned onto the forms we're not sure what to do now. We sent off our police checks back in June and still haven't had any confirmation that they have received them but we hope to have our visa by December though so hopefully not too long now as apparently it is supposed to take around 9 months if you're non MODL. Here's hoping anyway.........

X

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Anita

I have been checking around about this supposedly electronic meds form production. At best, all that is happening is that a small group of Parent-applicants are being used as guinea-pigs in an e-forms experiment, but that is all.

There is definitely NO rule against frontloading at present. Such a rule might be introduced in the future, but certainly not soon, and it has definitely NOT been introduced yet.

So if at any stage you feel you would like to frontload your meds, DIMA won't even comment, let alone grumble.

Cheers

Gill

Oh my god been assigned Case Officer today - not done any work at all!!! They want a few bits from us - getting them ready tonight and sending them tomorrow.

Est x

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Guest choobs

Hi Stacey,

They work on Volume and expect to be paid before it's shipped. They ask for it up front but are happy to take a deposit of 1/3 the cost, but prefer to have the balance as soon as possible.

Cheers

Choobs

Guest choobs
[quote name="choobs

Yeah' date=' all our stuff is in and has been with the case officer for a fortnight, but Centrelink asked our sponsor to produce a tax return for 2005-2006 so he had to send off his books to get that. Normally takes a couple of weeks, so expecting him to be back into Centrelink this week. Can't be long now, surely :)

Choobs

Hi Choobs

This is intriguing, because what Centrelink have told your Assurer directly contradicts what that have told my sister and I, independently of each other, on two separate occasions in the last 4 weeks.

Sister & Hubby are self-employed and will be giving a joint AoS to my mother. There is no legal requirement for them to submit their tax-return before October/November. Therefore are theuy required to produce their 2005/6 TAN, thus biting the bullet on paying income tax earlier than they would otherwise have to in order to get it?

Each of us was told "Categorically not." Centrelink does not have the power to override the tax legislation. Therefore, we have each been told, what they require is the last two *available* TANs, plus a trial P&L account from their accountant for 2005/6. Centrelink has absolutely no legal power to require them to pay their tax earlier than normal this year.

I believe that the explanation we have been given stacks up, and God help them if they try to renege on it at the Centrelink interview on 31st August. What I am discovering with all of these Aussie bureaucrats so far (with the sole exception of DIMA) is that if the staff-member does not know the answer to one's question, they are too lazy to go and get a reliable answer. Instead, they take a wild guess, and their guesses are frequently wrong. Which makes these bloody people moving targets and means that one ends up checking every word they utter against the legislation & policy itself, because the staff simply cannot be trusted to provide legally accurate anwers.

Which, frankly, is doing my head in with this Centrelink crowd. I am rapidly running out of patience with them because they change their story every two minutes and it is a miracle if you hear the same story from them twice in a row. I trust they they consider themselves warned about this one. :evil:

Cheers

Gill

Hi Gill,

The problem is that my assurer needs to prove he had sufficient income for two years and was intending using his returns for 2004,2005 as evidence. Unfortunately, he didn't earn enough in 2004 so the only way he could progress is by using 2005,2006. I don't think there's anything sinister in it - in fact, it appears to me that Centrelink are being quite helpful.

Cheers

Choobs

Oh my god been assigned Case Officer today - not done any work at all!!! They want a few bits from us - getting them ready tonight and sending them tomorrow.

Est x

This is truely great news Est! My heart skipped when I read this, as I'm sure your ack date is around the same time as ours. We've decorated our kitchen today, it looks really good and the day flew by. It can't be long now surely! :D

Guest jordan

Est x

Congratulations Est hopefuly it won't be long now for us, hope you don't mind me asking but what extra bits did they ask for?

Stacey xx

Oh my god - got our visa - have to validate by 11 April.

No work will be being done at all today. Champagne in fridge ready to celebrate tonight.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Est xx

Guest jordan

No work will be being done at all today. Champagne in fridge ready to celebrate tonight.

Est xx

I can't believe how quick they were, really chuffed for you Congratulations

Stacey xx

Guest Pesky Varmit

Hi Est

Many, many congratulations!! That was quick work from co to visa, hope our turn is soon, along with all the others waiting! We also applied Mar and got ackn. 4/4/06, sent our pcc's about 2 weeks ago and hade meds on Monday. House is sold, have started to wind up my business and visa can't come soon enough. Hoping to be gone by end of Oct.

Good Luck!

Est xx

BRILLIANT!!!! my heart skipped two beats this time! I'm SOOOO excited it's just got to be us soon too!

BIG CONGRATULATIONS AND HAPPY CHAMPERS TONIGHT!!!!

Archived