plumbing qualification

charlie67

hi all

ok we live in england and our aim is to move to oz in the next few years, as our jobs are not on the skilled jobs list and my husband is going to retrain to become a plumber.

im just wondering what is the minimum qualification they will accept?

as he is going to study the following City and guilds level 2 which whenhe has been asseced in the real world as they call it it will be nvq diploma obviously i know he needs a min of 12 months work experiance will this be enough ?

cheers charlie

hi all

ok we live in england and our aim is to move to oz in the next few years, as our jobs are not on the skilled jobs list and my husband is going to retrain to become a plumber.

im just wondering what is the minimum qualification they will accept?

as he is going to study the following City and guilds level 2 which whenhe has been asseced in the real world as they call it it will be nvq diploma obviously i know he needs a min of 12 months work experiance will this be enough ?

cheers charlie

Hi its not quite that easy , i suggest you talk to someone like visa burea or another migration agent to see exactly what you need as things change, i am also a plumber and we have our visas thats why i think you need to talk to experts, it may well take a few more years than you think, you need to see how you stand on the points also, hope this helps and good look

from my understanding and the process i went through....he'll need more than just 12 months experience! i think you have to have a minimum of 3 years work experience as well as qualifications, as rohyett suggested i would consult yr migration solicitior or whoever yr using. btw im back in the uk now as it was so hard getting a job as a plumber (or any job for that matter) even with all my qualifications!! so beware its not all that easy to find work

• 2 months later...

Hi there,

My hubby is doing the same, retraining as a plumber. He's starting a city and guilds level 2 in Oct and he is hoping to start work after Christmas. Then 2-3 years work, more qualifications under his belt and *fingers crossed* we will get a visa. Just got to hope it's still on the sol list. :-/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Hi there,

My hubby is doing the same, retraining as a plumber. He's starting a city and guilds level 2 in Oct and he is hoping to start work after Christmas. Then 2-3 years work, more qualifications under his belt and *fingers crossed* we will get a visa. Just got to hope it's still on the sol list. :-/

Good luck to yer both girl,thats good commitment,you deserve a visa for that alone,nice to see yer again btw!

Hi there,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

just a word of warning.... I am a fully qualified plumber of many years and I have my PR Visa.... We went in feb to validate and you have to transfer your skills Certs etc into OZ Certs which cost thousands to get licences.... Then every single advert I seen said you must have 5 years OZ experience or don't bother applying.... Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I have experienced this first hand and it is tough....

thanks

just a word of warning.... I am a fully qualified plumber of many years and I have my PR Visa.... We went in feb to validate and you have to transfer your skills Certs etc into OZ Certs which cost thousands to get licences.... Then every single advert I seen said you must have 5 years OZ experience or don't bother applying.... Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I have experienced this first hand and it is tough....

thanks

Its hard for plumbers and sparks and the like isnt it,hopefully for most of them it will be worth it in the end

Its hard for plumbers and sparks and the like isnt it,hopefully for most of them it will be worth it in the end

I spoke to quite a few plumbers when I was there at my mates BBQs and I do believe that once I get there and get sorted I will be fine.... it is the initial sorting licences and getting a start that seams the hurdle but I am sure I will be fine as many have proven over the years.... I think if you want it enough you can get it.... I don't look at them as hurdles now I think of them as bumps in the road and can't wait to get back there and get started....

I tend to look at things like personal challenges tbh,then its like a little "personal" battle between me and my hassle,you've got the right attitude at least,good luck

I love the pic of Rooney & Fergie.... I am a Liverpool fan and the wife is Man U.... Makes me smile every time I see it....

:biglaugh:

Archived