Last Minute Weekend Away - Your suggestions please! (Urgent)

LittleLakeGirl

Help! So, here's the thing. There's a huge amount of engineering work on the North Strathfield Rail Underpass going on this holiday weekend and in light of the levels of noise and disruption it will cause - they're working 24/7 for three days - Transport for NSW together with the NSRU Alliance (ie the companies involved in the works) have offered to pay for alternative accommodation for local residents. Now, it would have been helpful if they'd advised us earlier about this but they're offering reimbursements of up to $225 per night for two nights so I'm looking for you suggestions for places to stay in Sydney or places to visit 1 - 2 hours drive from Sydney which might happen to have availability and fit that budget. All the places we've had suggested so far are booked up (it being a holiday weekend) or too pricey, or we've already visited (Katoomba, and we're saving our next visit up there for Yulefest in July).

Thanks in advance.

I would book a hotel in Sydney and just stay there for a couple of nights. It's totally different when you can stay in the City at a place you may not know very well. I like the Holiday Inn at Potts Point. Handy for the nightlife around Kings Cross, close to Woolloomooloo for a bit more upmarket places, over the Kings Cross railway station so you can be at the beach in half an hour. Decent Hotel too.

Guest Ptp113
Go a little bit further and go and visit your national capital (bit chilly at the moment but shouldn't have a problem finding a hotel!)

And go see the Turner exhibition at the National Gallery while you're at it. 100 year Canberra Centenary on this year, and even more than normal to see/do. PM me for any info required?

Archived