190 query

Hi Everyone

Is anyone able to clarify something for me about this visa please?

If you submit an expression of interest for a 189 and 190 and receive an invitation to apply for a 190 first, but for a state you really dont want to live in, can you communicate this to them and request to change states?

Skills select gives you the option of "any" or chosing one state in particular. There are a few states that I would love to live in but others not so much.

If this did happen and I couldnt change states would I be able to decline the 190 and wait for an invitaion to apply for the 189?

Thanks All

I think that is morally wrong. I am certain you'd be able to spend the two years in your nominating state. State nominations are for a reason: they need you there so I don't think they'd look at you too kindly if you decided to play 'em.....

• Like 1

Do you think we're all trying to go to Australia to be charitable, to help the poor Australians with there terrible skills shortage? Its not a bloody natural diaster that Im trying to expoit, I want to live in a warm country where I can leave the house for more than a few months every year.

Do you think if the Australian authorities know that they wont let me in? Even though I have a skill that they need, even though Ill pay tax to them for the next thirty years? Oh no sssssh please dont tell them

Edited by Rupert
no need for insults.

Hi Everyone

Is anyone able to clarify something for me about this visa please?

If you submit an expression of interest for a 189 and 190 and receive an invitation to apply for a 190 first, but for a state you really dont want to live in, can you communicate this to them and request to change states?

Skills select gives you the option of "any" or chosing one state in particular. There are a few states that I would love to live in but others not so much.

If this did happen and I couldnt change states would I be able to decline the 190 and wait for an invitaion to apply for the 189?

Thanks All

Unfortunately the system works based upon the needs of the States not the needs of the applicants !

I'm not sure if you can make multiple applications to multiple states but you would still have to meet their sponsorship criteria and if you met these you would also have to pay all of the necessary fees for all of the applications.

sineadallen this is as I believe it to be from my research prior to applying for the 190 subclass...

You are allowed to apply for which ever visa's you like, that is up to you. So yes you can apply for both the 189 & 190, this is the whole point of the skill select process.

Only once you have completed your EOI for your visa, can you apply for SS...

You then apply to the state which you want to live in, or commit to the most. I applied to WA, as you can see in my signature..

I havnt applied for the 189, as the processing time is meant to be quicker with the 190.. (189:12mths)(190:6mths). hence the reason I have applied for only the 190. After a month if I havnt heard anything for the WA SS, then I will update my EOI to include the 189 subclass visa.

bear in mind you have to pay to each state for the sponsorship; WA was £140. So it is probably best to choose one or the other. I also saw in another post that if you apply for two states, then certain states will regect you on these grounds as your not showing commitment to there state: not sure how much truth is in this.

also if you are offered say the 189 visa, but you still want to wait for the 190. what I saw on other posts are you just reject that invite and wait a little longer. I think you are only allowed to reject so many invites, before they cancel you EOI though.

hope this helps a bit, sorry about spelling. just about to crash out

I can tell you for sure that South Australia refuses the SS if there is a request for another state.

And I think that's not the only state that applies this policy, so you probably won't be allowed to require the sponsorship from all the states waiting for the first which replies, or you'll risk your sponsorhip request to be rejected, and then you may loose the possibility to apply for any 190.

Do you think we're all trying to go to Australia to be charitable, to help the poor Australians with there terrible skills shortage? Its not a bloody natural diaster that Im trying to expoit, I want to live in a warm country where I can leave the house for more than a few months every year.

Do you think if the Australian authorities know that they wont let me in? Even though I have a skill that they need, even though Ill pay tax to them for the next thirty years? Oh no sssssh please dont tell them

It is really quite easy, apply for sponsorship from the states you would like to live in. States don't invite you, you apply to them.

And please knock off the attitude, it won't help you.

ha ha thanks rupert or should i say Dad!

sorry for reacting this way to a stranger who questions my morals, no actually im not sorry at all. a forum is to find out information about a certain topic, im not here to be judged

While the forum may be here to HELP people find information, those that offer the info deserve some respect for their opinions and experience and the right to be dealt with politely.

You may not be here to he judged, and that's fair enough, but making inflammatory remarks and claims about how you intend to ignore the system will automatically cause people to judge you.

ha ha thanks rupert or should i say Dad!

sorry for reacting this way to a stranger who questions my morals, no actually im not sorry at all. a forum is to find out information about a certain topic, im not here to be judged

I have noticed that the expression "I am not here to be judged" or similar is most often used by those with highly questionable behaviour but who want an excuse to get away with being rude, or aggressive or whatever ... i.e. try and make it sound like the other person did something wrong not you.

If you want to get help on a forum, then you are going the wrong way about it. We can all read the exchange above and people can make up their own minds, your attitude stinks and I certainly won't be assisting you with your migration questions and nobody else with any sense will either. So as I say, knock it off ... if you want any help that is. Otherwise carry right on.

Yes I do think (and hope) they won't let you in and nobody needs to tell them as sites like these are well monitored and your user name is probably pretty close to your real name so you've just told them yourself.

I think the main issue is you are only allowed to decline an invite so many times before you have an exclusion period. So based on that one needs to be carefull on how many states you select.

Best to just select the ones where you want to live.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2