Emirates - what a joke

hubbert0403

Hi guys, thought I would share our experience with making a booking with Emirates tonight.

Booking flights for our daughter and grandson to come over, we are paying to when it came to pay I could not change the credit card name to mine instead of hers, I eventually gave up and called Emirates.

I explained my problem and he said yes that is right, unless you are the person making the flight no other persons card can be made, I explained that I was obviously making the booking for her her, his answer, you will have to go to the Emirates office in Brisbane?????

So in the age of computers I have to travel an hour to make a flight booking for my daughter......why?????......because the UK tell us this is the case.

So I call a travel agent in the UK to make a booking, same thing, :shocked: he only way to make a booking in the UK if you are paying for someone else is for both parties to go to the travel agent in person.

What a joke......

Hi guys, thought I would share our experience with making a booking with Emirates tonight.

Booking flights for our daughter and grandson to come over, we are paying to when it came to pay I could not change the credit card name to mine instead of hers, I eventually gave up and called Emirates.

I explained my problem and he said yes that is right, unless you are the person making the flight no other persons card can be made, I explained that I was obviously making the booking for her her, his answer, you will have to go to the Emirates office in Brisbane?????

So in the age of computers I have to travel an hour to make a flight booking for my daughter......why?????......because the UK tell us this is the case.

So I call a travel agent in the UK to make a booking, same thing, :shocked: he only way to make a booking in the UK if you are paying for someone else is for both parties to go to the travel agent in person.

What a joke......

i've recently booked a flight for my wife with emirates with no problem, I am a frequent flyer with them so don't know of that makes a difference

​NWM

That's weird, I have always booked my flights using a credit card on the computer. My credit card is in my maiden name, my passport - thus my travel name, is my married one. I've never had any probs - one such flight was with emirates!

They are trying to book flights from the UK, maybe using an Australian CC?? When I changed a booking one time for my OH from Perth to UK,(when I was in the UK) because the original was made with his card he had to go into the office in Perth with his card to pay the fee.

They are trying to book flights from the UK, maybe using an Australian CC?? When I changed a booking one time for my OH from Perth to UK, because the original was made with his card he had to go into the office in Perth with his card to pay the fee.

Ah, that's a good point. Although living in Aus, I have a UK CC and did indeed use that.

Trying to book flights from Manchester to Brisbane using a UK credit card, its not the card that's the problem, it's when you add cc details it defaults to my daughters name and will not allow me to add my name.....think someone said it is to do with 'claim back'....I would like to know what companies and alike do when booking flights for employees?????

If the country that the ticket departs from does not allow you to use your card if you are not travelling, depending on the departure country and the time before departure, you might be able to use another payment method that does allow you to pay for someone else. The payment methods that support this are PayPal, real-time or online banking, offline bank transfer, or Western Union.

Taken from Emirates Website so it looks like its conditions of travel from the UK not Emirates policy

Guest GeorgeD
If the country that the ticket departs from does not allow you to use your card if you are not travelling, depending on the departure country and the time before departure, you might be able to use another payment method that does allow you to pay for someone else. The payment methods that support this are PayPal, real-time or online banking, offline bank transfer, or Western Union.

Taken from Emirates Website so it looks like its conditions of travel from the UK not Emirates policy

I've had the same problem with Emirates and other airlines (Delta in the US for example). It's not the airline being awkward.

Companies get round it by using travel agents and paying via methods other than credit card.

So how do Companies manage to book tickets for overseas workers?

I live in Melbourne, and each year my employer pays for my travel to the UK and back for a holiday. Employer is based in UK, and that is where the flights are booked.

this is exactly what I was wondering, I have no idea how it is done, but we have decided not to bother booking with them now, so much hassle getting my mum to take my daughter to a travel agents to make a booking for my mum to use her credit card

this is exactly what I was wondering, I have no idea how it is done, but we have decided not to bother booking with them now, so much hassle getting my mum to take my daughter to a travel agents to make a booking for my mum to use her credit card

It's always been a problem though seems to be disappearing slowly, Cathay Pacific are another who didn't used to let you book, but some other airlines get round it by saying that the credit card used must be available for inspection at check-in...so it stops you booking for friends and family.

Emirates carry an awful lot of sub-continent passengers on the UK legs, we used to see some right attempts at scams coming out from Birmingham...people travelling under different names but saying "that was their other name", carrying bags for family members, refusing to sit in the right seats because they wanted to sit by "their brother", then pretending they couldn't speak English when questioned...it became such a hassle the damn planes were always late leaving the UK because the staff were up to their necks in arguments every flight, and we missed a few short connections in Dubai as a result. We stopped using them and went on a short hop to Europe, then straight through to Asia bypassing Dubai.

Shame really because they're a good airline.

It's always been a problem though seems to be disappearing slowly, Cathay Pacific are another who didn't used to let you book, but some other airlines get round it by saying that the credit card used must be available for inspection at check-in...so it stops you booking for friends and family. Emirates carry an awful lot of sub-continent passengers on the UK legs, we used to see some right attempts at scams coming out from Birmingham...people travelling under different names but saying "that was their other name", carrying bags for family members, refusing to sit in the right seats because they wanted to sit by "their brother", then pretending they couldn't speak English when questioned...it became such a hassle the damn planes were always late leaving the UK because the staff were up to their necks in arguments every flight, and we missed a few short connections in Dubai as a result. We stopped using them and went on a short hop to Europe, then straight through to Asia bypassing Dubai. Shame really because they're a good airline.

i too have noticed the mess around especially on the planes regarding to next to each other ....regards to the credit card being present it states that on the payment screen but still won't let you pay with a credit card with different name than on the booking, very frustrated.....we have booked with Etihad, cheap flight just hope it's not ok for her

Archived