• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Ahona,

My congratulations for you.

Did you meet external agency checks?

i think so :-)

actually i don't know anything details about the external security check...at the end of August, CO told me that my case is under security check and will inform me later about the progress...after that didn't heard anything from her...tried to call but no response...

and finally received grant letter on 11th....:smile:

I'm sorry but I really don't see what all the focus on CO's and peoples perceived experiences of them brings to the table.

Quite rightly there is a ban in naming CO's on this site, but I wonder if even disclosing initials is helpful? Everyone's application is different and so their dealings with CO's will differ.

Let's for example take applicant Mr X. He is a single applicant from a LR country. He has front loaded everything, meds are fine and PCC comes back in days all clear. His CO is Donald Duck who has a light case laid at the time, is in the office every day and is able to pass the visa with no problems in 6 days. Mr X says DD was fantastic.

Then Mr Y comes along. He is from a HR country and has 3 dependants on his application, 1 of whom gets their meds referred. The PCC takes a while and there are extra documents to fill in that he hasn't front loaded. He get Dick Dastardly as his CO, and THIS DD has a high case load and has 2 weeks holiday along with some time off sick. 10 weeks on and Mr Y still has no movement on his visa.

Mr Y then sees that Mr X had DD and got a grant in 6 days. Mr Y then gets stressed even more about the time his application is taking as he doesn't know the whole story. As a consequence Mr Y starts to chase HIS DD thinking it's the same CO that Mr X had and the poor CO gets even more hassle.

I actually believe that any reference to the identity of CO's is possibly counter productive.

Sent on works time using their Wi-Fi!!! Lol

Edited by Gareth 666

Hi Viking,

Please don't think I'm being anti-HR countries, I was just trying to find opposite ends of the spectrum to illustrate my point. The Oz immigration system is set up to provide as fair a chance to all applicants as possible in their eyes. You may feel that Brisbane team 34 is to blame, but discrimination is a strong word to use with no evidence. Maybe they work more to the letter of the rules rather than using some artistic licence? Or possibly for all we know they are the team that is chosen to be the ones to randomly vet applications to a higher degree in the same way some apparently normal meds get referred to MOC.

All I'm saying is that in my personal opinion naming CO's doesn't help anyone. The CO isn't going to log onto PIO and think 'damn, I need to get my ass in gear' but on the other hand another member could get a CO with the same initials and then think 'oh god, I'm in for a long wait'.

Best of luck with getting your visa sorted soon.

Hi Gbuss,

I provided conclusive documents on 15 July and my medicals were finalized in the end of June.

However, external checks started only in the beginning of September.

What is the issue of such long delay???

Why others from my country receive grants without external checks? Everyone provides Police Certs.

People from my country are mostly processed by Ada team 6. Everyone who lodged 2-3 months later than me already got granted and they are packing suitcases.

Hi Viking,I think they conduct external checks for applicants whose ages are from 35 and above.

Guest GeorgeD
I'm sorry but I really don't see what all the focus on CO's and peoples perceived experiences of them brings to the table.

Quite rightly there is a ban in naming CO's on this site, but I wonder if even disclosing initials is helpful? Everyone's application is different and so their dealings with CO's will differ.

Let's for example take applicant Mr X. He is a single applicant from a LR country. He has front loaded everything, meds are fine and PCC comes back in days all clear. His CO is Donald Duck who has a light case laid at the time, is in the office every day and is able to pass the visa with no problems in 6 days. Mr X says DD was fantastic.

Then Mr Y comes along. He is from a HR country and has 3 dependants on his application, 1 of whom gets their meds referred. The PCC takes a while and there are extra documents to fill in that he hasn't front loaded. He get Dick Dastardly as his CO, and THIS DD has a high case load and has 2 weeks holiday along with some time off sick. 10 weeks on and Mr Y still has no movement on his visa.

Mr Y then sees that Mr X had DD and got a grant in 6 days. Mr Y then gets stressed even more about the time his application is taking as he doesn't know the whole story. As a consequence Mr Y starts to chase HIS DD thinking it's the same CO that Mr X had and the poor CO gets even more hassle.

I actually believe that any reference to the identity of CO's is possibly counter productive.

We allow the use of CO initials to try and let people see who is dealing with what and how long things are taking...it also helps if COs are on holiday, on sick leave, or leave, etc. Yes, there is a chance there may be two or more COs with the same initials...it's a slim chance, and it means the system isn't perfect. It is what it is.

What isn't acceptable at all is any post saying "DD is...(insert insult here)" Keep things factual about dates, step in the process and we can use initials. Start getting personal and posts will be deleted.

CO full names or contact details are not acceptable at any time and will be removed immediately. Repeat offenders will be given infractions.

Hope this helps!

I am 37, and what is the reason of that checking? My Evil Empire origination? I was born in the USSR. I think that the USA is much high risk than modern Russia.

Viking,I now believe my guess is right and hope that a lot of applicants that are going through or that went external checks could declare their ages here to enable us confirm our belief or guess or theory as the case may be.

I am also 37 and undergoing external checks,no criminal record though.

I hope to hear good news very soon inshaallah.

I think why such checks are imperative is just for the DAIC to be sure that an applicant that old has not committed any crime,which could be the reason for wanting to leave his or her country of origin having lived there for that long.

Good luck to you all.Cheers

well, like in every office they are slackers who just do things slower, or not so friendly, so after all, it might be a bit of help. I for sure wouldn't want my second cousin work for me, she is one of those....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Thanks sophie1219, yesteday I got an email from the CO yesterday acknowledging the email that I sent 1.5 months ago. Then today got the grant email.

Need to be there before september 09, 2014. Happy.

good luck on your new journey... Maybe it's time to share the good news in cat5 thread. :wink:

Hi all,

I was allocated to a CO from Brisbane office but I do not know which team, as my agent did not reveal this info to me.

Got all the docs i.e. pcc, salary slips, tax, medical receipts,etc submitted to my agent and they claimed they have submitted 'all' docs to CO.

However, went I check the system where you upload docs, I don't see any of those docs uploaded recently.

My question is do CO accept docs to be sent via email which I think my agent may have emailed it instead of uploading to the system.

Edited by kimmo88

Hi!

I have been allocated to Team 34 as well just yesterday. My CO initials are PM. Anyone assigned to her too? Well, She seemed dynamic and prompt as she replied quickly when I informed her that the Health evidence she requested for had been frontloaded. Apparently,my meds have been sent to MOC for referral as she lated on found out and acknowledged.

Any updates on current turnaround time in MOC ?

thanks!

Hi all,

My question is do CO accept docs to be sent via email which I think my agent may have emailed it instead of uploading to the system.

Hi Kimmo,

I think directly sending thru email is complemetary to uploading to the visa page. At least that's what I notice the others do it. That way, they say it's definitely going to be safe

Hi all,

I was allocated to a CO from Brisbane office but I do not know which team, as my agent did not reveal this info to me.

Got all the docs i.e. pcc, salary slips, tax, medical receipts,etc submitted to my agent and they claimed they have submitted 'all' docs to CO.

However, went I check the system where you upload docs, I don't see any of those docs uploaded recently.

Our, CO requested that all docs sent via email. However, we have also uploaded everything as well. This way nobody can say that it wasn't sent or else. It would my advice that you ask or upload yourself the requested documents. Also, the guidelines on the immigration website state that all documents must be uploaded. I know it is controversial to what a CO may have asked, but it wil do no harm if you upload the documents as well. As said, it will a clear overview to anyone, who looks into the system (let say your co falls sick and her emails cannot be accessed). Just think about it...