Anyone applied to TRA In the last month or so??

Wenstu

Hi,I have sent our application in December 2012, it was received by TRA on 11th January, and I got unsuccessful outcome on 22nd March, because TRA was not able to determine that my Diploma was issued under the government structure. I e-mailed them and they asked either for a certificate form the Ministry of Education ( impossible to get in my country ), or for a apprenticeship contract endorsed by the Government ( I have it ). They did NOT list apprenticeship contract endorsed by the Government as evidence on the list, I am not a mind reader. All in all it IS a money spinner. We have sent the papers on Friday via UPS, hopefully they will receive it soon, together with the 300 $ review fee, and hopefully, they will give us a successful outcome, at last. :yes:

Edited by Jupiter19

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,I have sent our application in December 2012, it was received by TRA on 11th January, and I got unsuccessful outcome on 22nd March, because TRA was not able to determine that my Diploma was issued under the government structure. I e-mailed them and they asked either for a certificate form the Ministry of Education ( impossible to get in my country ), or for a apprenticeship contract endorsed by the Government ( I have it ). They did NOT list apprenticeship contract endorsed by the Government as evidence on the list, I am not a mind reader. All in all it IS a money spinner. We have sent the papers on Friday via UPS, hopefully they will receive it soon, together with the 300 $ review fee, and hopefully, they will give us a successful outcome, at last. :yes:

Hi Jupiter fingers crossed you've not got long to wait to get a successful outcome.

• 2 weeks later...
well thats the new application sent off today so the waiting begins again!

Hi nikkiwd, that's good news, fingers crossed it doesn't taKe as long this time. We finally got a response from TRA. They need a certificate so we have requested this from city & guilds, been 3 weeks now and nothing. Everything else is ready to go. I've had a good read thru the guidelines again and asked all the questions by email. To be fair, they answered them all and apologised for mentioning cook instead of stonemason. Here's hoping we get the cert soon as we are nearing the end of the 60 days and will end up lying $900 to review.

keep me posted on how you are getting on.

hopefully yours wont be far behind ours. maybe chase city and guilds up and mention why you need them to hurry?

we are so nervous all over again, even though i have checked everything against the guidelines. I worry they will still find something to fail on!

Something else is that we paid online for a new application before the price increase and we were told on the phone they would honour it, i worry they will come back and say we have to pay the new fee... will have to wait and see

on a possitive note hubby got his ielts test results and he got 7w 7.5r 7.5s 7.5l which is good enough for the straight 7s he needs...phew...he was so nervous i dont think i could have got him to do it again if he failed!!

Hi.

was just reading a few replys there. i'm hoping to get my TRA sent in the next week or so. hoping I have enough proof and everything theyve asked for. (im a joiner/carpenter). IF i'm unsuccessful first time around, does the review fee come into place straight away? or do they let you know what other documents they need from you and give you a time limit to obtain it??

Hi CowlingAFC, make sure you have read the TRA guidelines very well and match all your evidence against them to make sure you havent missed anything. TRA are notorious for failing people! If you do get an unsuccessful outcome you have 60 days to send in additional info for the review, they will give you a letter with the reasons for the outcome. A review costs $900 now.

I hope that the price increase will bring less reviews , because at the end , it is a money spinner. I have read all the TRA posts, and for instance, they sometimes asked for payslips, sometimes did not. It depends who takes your case, as well. In our case, they needed additional proof that the training institute is authorized to give certificates, but they did not mention what proof do they want , so we e-mailed them and got the response. We sent the payslips as well, just in case, although we have already sent them tax forms . I think that they ask for additional documents in 50 % of all applications. That is what I concluded, so luck is needed as well as all the papers. Of course I am worried, because there is no logical pattern, but I hope that we will be successful this time.

NIKKWID Be VERY careful we have paid for a review under the old prices, in April, but in their e-mail, they said that we would have to pay 1000 $ if we want to lodge a new application ? I do not know why, because the review price was the same as an application price. Please contact them, and INSIST on the old price. They gave you one information over the phone, and e-mailed me a different thing. Read the e-mail they have sent me.

Thank you for your follow up email to Trades Recognition Australia (TRA).In response to your specific question, a TRA Migration Skills Assessment Review Application takes approximately 60 working days from the date of receipt to process.

To lodge a review, please complete the review application form that was sent with the outcome letter for your original assessment. Your review application and the $300 (AUD) review fee must be received by TRA within 60 working days from the date of your original outcome letter or it will be returned to you unprocessed. The $300 application fee can only be paid by bank cheque or money order and must be made payable to “DIICCSRTE Collector of Public Monies” and enclosed with your review application.

Alternatively you can submit a new MSA application however the application fee for a new Migration Skills Assessment has increased and is now $1000 (AUD). As for a new application, you should ensure that you have the range of evidence required to enable TRA to verify each qualification and employment period claimed. Please refer to the TRA website for further details about the fees for all applications received after Monday 6 May 2013.

Regards

Trades Recognition Australia

Edited by Jupiter19

hi jupiter, yes I aggree it is a money spinner and its definitely down to who assesses your application as well. I am a bit weary about the fee but we paid it through the online portal when it was still $300 and I sent a copy of the outcome letter with the paragraph saying about new applications being $300 highlighted in pink so fingers crossed... but i am kind of expecting them to say something about it, they aren't known for their kindness and generosity:biggrin:

good luck with yours, how long have you been waiting?

Edited by nikkiwd

Thanks nikkiwd :smile: They received our application on January 11th and we got an unsuccessful outcome on March 22nd. With a lot of trouble with the UPS courier service, TRA received our review application on Friday the 14th of June. I phoned them and double checked , and they got the papers. The deadline was June the 19th. From experience of other people, I expect to receive a successful outcome until the end of July. They only asked for one paper, as a proof that the training institute was authorized to issue the qualification, it really should not take a long time. I really wish for all of us to succeed, it is obvious that passing TRA is the most difficult part of the visa process.

Hi we sent off our tra in Dec they received it January 2nd and our agent did not get back to us till may 5th to advise via it was unsuccessful. Our previous case manager withheld info that I failed so now have a new case manager. Our agent forgot to enclose some documents and payslips so we had to gets documents copied and certified again. But thankfully its all sent off again and hope we get an answer back soon enough. Good luck to everyone

• 4 weeks later...

Got the acknowledgement letter today, was starting to panic as it was taking so long! good news is they are acknowledging the receipt of the application and the $300 fee and arent asking for any more money ...phew :)

Wenstu, Jupiter and anyone else how are you getting on?

I got the acknowledgement letter on June the 28th, and they received my application on June the 18th. I am now waiting, hopefully, everything will be all right, I am afraid to look at the portal :err: We paid in the middle of April, so they respected the 300 $ fee. We had a huge problem, when UPS did not deliver it to TRA because they told us they did not deliver to PO BOXES, although they did deliver to the same PO BOX in December. Then, we gave them the address of a friend of mine from Perth and she has sent it to TRA on our behalf. It was in the nick of time, as TRA received it one day before the review deadline date. I am positive that we now have sent all that it takes, even more, but you can never know what some case officer thinks is enough or relevant. We are keeping our fingers crossed for all of us :cute:

nikkiwd Imagine, UPS took our shipment in December and DELIVERED it to a GPO BOX ! They took it in the end of May as well, and on Friday the 7th of June notified us that immediately we needed to provide the TRA street address. TRA was shut on Monday due to the Queen`s birthday, so we could contact them and ask for their street address only on Tuesday, and we were under the risk of UPS returning the shipment to Europe, so we had to give them my friend`s address. On top of everything, it took them from Friday to Wednesday to deliver it to Perth, and they kept lying about the delivery date. My friend had to stay at home for three days waiting for them, because they deliver the shipments only from 8:30 to 17:00, when people are at work, and if you are not home, you can not go to their office and pick it. Total nightmare, and VERY irresponsible of them. For that amount of money, I expected more.

Dear all,

I am processing Australia PR, for the qualification accessemnet i send all documnets to my agent for TRA , and he said he handover all the document to TRA , before May 1. So for no reply when i asked my agent, now he said TRA returned all the document back through postal address, and not clear where the TRA department send my documents.

My question is

How can i confirm my agent logged mt TRA document before May1?

If TRA returned or reject my document with any issue how can i trace it?

If the document return by TRA where they will send the document whether to my address or my agent address?

Can any one provide TRA contact like phone number , email ids?

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys

Just thought Id let you know my time line: I sent my TRA assessment 8th May, received by TRA on 16th May and successful outcome 18th June, LESS than 5 weeks, that wasnt a review it was the whole assesment so hopefully TRA are a on top of things at the minute and youse get your outcome soon :-)