Anyone applied to TRA In the last month or so??

Wenstu

We are the same, I've just done all the research online, we are hoping to apply for SA state sponsorship as we have friends there, may ask you a few questions once we know if that's ok? I keep checking the SA site and stu's trade is highly available!.. We have friends heading to Perth st the end if next month... Visa all done n dusted in about 3/4 months after skills assesment so you won't be long!

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ask any questions you like Wenstu, it does seem to go quick once the skills assessment is out of the way. The skills assessment was the worst bit and the emotional rollercoaster knowing you can't get to Oz without it! I dont miss those days...Hoping to get out to Perth by end of May!

Shazza i cant really remember but think it was through the job ready program bit on the website, it isnt supposed to work for migration skills assessment but it does for some reason. unless its changed since we did it:err:

Hi Shazza

You can track your TRA assesment here

I then clicked on skilled worker programme, registered here and logged in and this gave me my update, however I have read on here some people registered under job ready programme but this would never work for me, so you may want to try both it. I had originally registered under job ready programme but all it brought me up was forms.

Hope this helps :-)

• 3 weeks later...
I was refused from TRA a couple of months ago , I applied as a gas fitter , even though I'm a qualified gas fitter I will need to be assessed , I live in Ireland does anybody know of assessing companies for gas fitters in Europe ?

Sorry can't help i'm afraid...

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys! Im currently filling out forms for my skills assessment. Trying to do AQF3 fiburous plastering. I am a bit worried about the gathering all evidence they need to prove my experience. I have no problems gathering all my evidence up until 2006 but i worked in construction in Ireland for 5 years before that and the company i worked for are bankrupt and non existent. Anyone got any ideas how i could prove that i worked for this company.

Also all my work in the UK has been under the CIS/UTR taxation system which tecnically makes me self employed. I have heard that TRA want proof that you have work supervised for a number of years to prove eligibility?!!

Any help would be great.

Sorry if this is not quite the right page to be posting on

Cheers

Dave

Wenstu did you hear yet? x

hi, nikkiwd. Sorry it's taken a while to reply, been on holiday. Yes, we got word but its not good news. They failed us on 1 point!! We don't have a college certificate. Even tho my husband has his apprenticeship completion papers, we even included a letter from the chairman of the apprenticeship board stating that at the time, there was no formal vocational training but he's regarded as present day NVQ111. They acknowledged the completion, experience etc but can't make the comparison against the AQF111..... We have a job offer in Perth under a temp visa for 4 years(457). I think we are about to take the gamble and hope we get offered a permanent position for PR!!!!...... How are things your end?? Have young us got your date in?

Hey guys! Im currently filling out forms for my skills assessment. Trying to do AQF3 fiburous plastering. I am a bit worried about the gathering all evidence they need to prove my experience. I have no problems gathering all my evidence up until 2006 but i worked in construction in Ireland for 5 years before that and the company i worked for are bankrupt and non existent. Anyone got any ideas how i could prove that i worked for this company.

Also all my work in the UK has been under the CIS/UTR taxation system which tecnically makes me self employed. I have heard that TRA want proof that you have work supervised for a number of years to prove eligibility?!!

Any help would be great.

Sorry if this is not quite the right page to be posting on

Cheers

Dave

Hi Dave, best advice I can offer is overload them with info as they will fail you on the little things. If you are stating that your self employed, just make sure you cover off all the points in the guidelines, such as staff etc who worked for you. Were you a Sub contractor? If you were make sure you detail everything, like... Materials supplied by main contractor, we did a personal statement detailing every hard and power tool used, types of job, write it like you're explaining to someone what a plasterer is. Include any references, they'll ask for 3 for self employment.

Make sure you get every document certified, we used our accountant. It's a lot of wrk but will be worth it.We have been through 2 attempts now and failed on 1 tiny thing( a certificate) which doesn't exist.

Please feel free to ask as many questions as you need ánd ill do my best to help. Wen.

So sorry to hear that Wenstu, especially after Jamie passing with similar issues, you obviously just had an idiot for a case worker. Very good you have an offer for 457, at least it gets you out there though!

we got our visa grant on 16th October and it was such a relief! was expecting the visa application to be as hard as the TRA so had uploaded over 80 docs onto the application, scared to fail on something! just woke up one morning with a visa granted email, no prior contact at all from case officer! We are hoping to go out at the end of May(weddings booked until then which we are committed to) but I am so impatient and just want to get there! When are you going out and any ideas where you are headed?

So sorry to hear that Wenstu, especially after Jamie passing with similar issues, you obviously just had an idiot for a case worker. Very good you have an offer for 457, at least it gets you out there though!

we got our visa grant on 16th October and it was such a relief! was expecting the visa application to be as hard as the TRA so had uploaded over 80 docs onto the application, scared to fail on something! just woke up one morning with a visa granted email, no prior contact at all from case officer! We are hoping to go out at the end of May(weddings booked until then which we are committed to) but I am so impatient and just want to get there! When are you going out and any ideas where you are headed?

I knew in my head, they couldn't fail us on anything else. I gave them everything they asked for- except the college certificate. The letter from the chairman explained that it didn't exist 25 years ago, everything was time served then. They wanted a transcript of the course. I sent 107 pages too.

I've been looking at the north, Jindalee, Mindarie and Butler. We have friends that side of Perth but would much rather rent somewhere we can realistically afford to buy. Don't want to keep moving my son schools. We are just about to start the visa process over the next couple of weeks, so shouldn't really take that long. I would imagine April/May all going well....... Fingers crossed!! Just need a permanent job at the end as we are over the 40 age bracket!!

we are staying with a friend in clarkson for a few weeks until we find an area we like and a rental, same as you though not wanting to move kids schools so its important to find the right area.

If your hubbys employer offer to sponsor for pr would that be a way around doing skills assessment or would he have to try again with TRA in the future if going for pr?

• 1 month later...
we are staying with a friend in clarkson for a few weeks until we find an area we like and a rental, same as you though not wanting to move kids schools so its important to find the right area.

If your hubbys employer offer to sponsor for pr would that be a way around doing skills assessment or would he have to try again with TRA in the future if going for pr?

Hi Nikkiwd, sorry not been on for ages! Hope you are all organised, not long until you are off. Good news our end, we got our sponsorship, just awaiting visa grant and heading to Perth around mid march. We are heading for northern subburbs too. Butler/Jindalee/mindarie area so may see you out there!!....... Very exciting!!

Wenstu, could your husband not of gone for his aqf111 in this country and got through that way or would u not of had enough points if you had gone down that route? Tra is very stressful time and even though ours only took 4 weeks, it seemed to be forever, checking emails every morning etc.; best of luck, seems like you have had a stressfull year of it