IELTS success!! yipee

nickyjkas

Hi all,

I did my academic IELTS on the 6th April and to be honest found the reading and writing quite tough! anyway I needed all 8s for the extra 20 points for the visa and I got L - 9 R - 9 W-8 S-9!!! cant begin to tell you what a relief it is!! :smile::smile: now my skills assessment is winging its way to australia!!

Hi all,

I did my academic IELTS on the 6th April and to be honest found the reading and writing quite tough! anyway I needed all 8s for the extra 20 points for the visa and I got L - 9 R - 9 W-8 S-9!!! cant begin to tell you what a relief it is!! :smile::smile: now my skills assessment is winging its way to australia!!

Congratulations & good luck

Hi all,

Congrats Nicky!!

Same with me, had academic IELTS test on 6th April and needed 8 and ended up with 9, so was delighted!! :)))

Just posted my skills assessment to oz this morning too!!

What is ur skilled occupation??

Fantastic!!! Its such a relief isnt it! My skills are being assessed by ANMAC, I am a registered nurse! what about you? x

Yeah totally, I wasn't sure I would get the 8 I needed, so hard to know how you have done but major relief seeing that 9 yesterday!!

I'm an accountant, hoping the skills assessment wont take too long, so we can get our EOI submitted soon!! :)

To those waiting to do your IELTS it is worth revising, I did some online just to get the hang of what it would be like on the day. I had to do the academic being a nurse but I know other skills only require general. The writing on the academic was not really that simple, you have to be critical and hot on spelling and punctuation. Really focus on the listening as you can miss something easily and it is not repeated. Take a clear plastic bottle of water in with you!! I didnt and my mouth was soooo dry! Good luck, and well done to everyone who got what they needed, its another thing off the list!!

​Nicky xx

Archived